Author: antimatter

@China should sell J10&HQ9 to Iran in response to US arm sale to Taiwan@ [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-1-13 11:57:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by matthew5_3 at 2010-1-12 17:25
China needs to develop the technology. China needs to conduct anti-missile tests, and there will be many tests, whole series of tests.   I don't think it has anything to do with arms sales to Taiwan.

Sure it does. It's a measure known by us Chinese as [你做初壹我做拾五] and the Americans knows full well that [intimidation] is the only way for them to make us spill more beans so to speak.

They wanted us to be more transparent so that they know how best to handle us if the ugly happens but they are not confident that we had let them in on everything we do just yet.

China urges US to cancel weapons sales to Taiwan

Flash: http://www.spacewar.com/reports/China_urges_US_to_cancel_weapons_sales_to_Taiwan_999.html

China urged Washington on Saturday to abandon plans to sell missile equipment to Taiwan, warning the move would violate its security and severely undermine trust between the US and Chinese militaries.

"The US arms sales to Taiwan infringe upon China's security interest as well as peace and stability across the Taiwan Strait, and interfere with China's internal affairs," foreign ministry spokeswoman Jiang Yu said in a statement.

If the Americans refuses to budge on this one, I'd bet Beijing won't be bashful about other things it may have under its sleeve.

I mean logically speaking, after the painstaking works that Ma and Chen Lien had went through to tie the knots again with Beijing, I doubt if the Ma Administration is as adventurous or as dumb as to try and infuriate Beijing with a batch of new, unnecessary, and unwarranted military hardware, especially since Beijing had agreed to pull back some of the 1500 missiles deemed as targeting the Island.  

Such procurements only proves to put a damper on the atmosphere of detente that the Island already enjoys with Beijing and hence i doubt if that's what the KMT wants going into the future.   

I'm betting why Ma is not making any noise on this is because of mutual defense agreements inked with the US and that whjat's happening, essentially, is that Ma's and the KMT's hands are tied.
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-13 13:47:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2010-1-12 18:50
Korea, Taiwan and Vietnam will be ARMED and FINANCIALLY SUPPORTED to encircle China!

We can shout, scream but it will still be done!

ha ha ha

Green DRagon
Game Master

that's the story of our lifes isn't it? we need to show more boldness. we're simply too docile of a giant for anyone to take serious. beijing's simply too overly concerned about how the world views her such that it even have a fear of flimsy organization such as human rights. sickening.
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-13 14:46:36 |Display all floors

Reply #49 edisonone's post

China would be doing much the same versus it's rivals.....

We can see activity in Cuba, Panama and Venezeula.
An informal alliance with Brazil offing, and Brazil increasing defense spending to protect it's assets!

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-15 13:58:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by zhouenci at 2010-1-9 08:27

1 question for you. Will you fight the war?

Well said. I asked the question some time ago and my feeling is that the answer would be "no"! These folks are merely armchair generals who advocate conflict but when push comes to shove, will run away from battle rater than face their own convictions.....cowards in other words! This is precisely why I take them to task frequently.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-17 13:43:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2010-1-14 21:58

Well said. I asked the question some time ago and my feeling is that the answer would be "no"! These folks are merely armchair generals who advocate conflict but when push comes to sh ...

aren't we all arm chair generals, each and everyone of us, you inclusive or you the biggest arm chair general of them all ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-18 13:45:30 |Display all floors

Reply #52 edisonone's post

ha ha ha

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.