Author: antimatter

@China should sell J10&HQ9 to Iran in response to US arm sale to Taiwan@ [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-1-12 02:24:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by matthew5_3 at 2010-1-12 01:44

Remember that when the PLA liberated all-China, many territorial warlords just surrendered or joined the Communist side.

For this I admire Chinese, they did what we couldn't do with non violence :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-12 04:55:57 |Display all floors

Sell Anti-Aircraft Missiles To Iran, J-10 to Venezuela

On 2nd thoughts...
I support selling anti-aircraft missiles to Iran.

US have to be told that they cannot sell weapons to Taiwan forever in a hard way.  

Taiwan has to come to the negotiating table with China one day, and though that day needs not have to be very soon, it cannot be delayed too far into the distant future either.  Selling weapons to Taiwan will only prolong that day unnecessarily far into the future.

US also has to be told that they will have to pay a price if they attack Iran.  There is no conclusive evidence to-date that Iran has nuclear weapon programs.  It is all conjecture.  Some anti-aircraft missiles will help.

I also support China selling J-10s to Central/Latin American countries such as Venezuela and other potential US attack targets.  That is, if US sells F15 or F16 to Taiwan.

[ Last edited by matthew5_3 at 2010-1-12 04:58 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-12 07:19:50 |Display all floors
Damn!  

Doesn't "Ma's Taiwan" have a mind of its own or is it too as snug a puppet on an American string as South Korea and Japan???  

I sometimes also wonder if these tit for tats between Washington and Beijing might not in fact be Washington's ploy [at getting Beijing to spill more of its beans so to speak] as the following might be leaning towards:

I mean from ASAT to [anti-ship DF-21s that the Americans can't knock out of the skies][/b to an ABM system distinctly our own is not far fetched given how "science and technology can be applied to various applications" both military and civilian hence not that big of a deal for us to over come.

In fact, from the onset of our ASAT test, I told people that what we are looking at, in essence, is none other but our very own ABM/Anti-Missile System at work...  

A toast, to the of our labor Dear comrades. We deserved it. ....

(Below copy & pasted from the CMF site)

China says missile defense system test successful
AP

Mon Jan 11, 10:39 am ET

BEIJING – China's military successfully tested a system for intercepting missiles in mid-flight on Monday, state media reported.

Few details were given about the test, with the official Xinhua News Agency saying only that "ground-based midcourse missile interception technology" was tested within Chinese territory and achieved the expected objective.

"The test is defensive in nature and is not targeted at any country," Xinhua said.

The report follows repeated complaints in recent days by Beijing over the sale by the U.S. of weaponry to Taiwan, including PAC-3 air defense missiles. These sales are driven by threats from China to use force to bring the island under its control, backed up by an estimated 1,300 Chinese ballistic missiles positioned along the Taiwan Strait.

Communist-ruled China split with Taiwan amid civil war in 1949 and continues to regard the self-governing democracy as part of its territory. Beijing has warned of a disruption in ties with Washington if the sale goes ahead, but has not said what specific actions it would take.

China's military is in the middle of a major technology upgrade, spurred on by double digit annual percentage increases in defense spending. Missile technology is considered one of the military's particular strengths, allowing it to narrow the gap with the U.S. and other armed forces.

Xinhua did not further identify the system tested, although China is believed to be pursuing a number of programs aimed at shooting down stealth aircraft and downing or disabling cruise missiles and precision-guided weapons.

Damn! Should we spill our beans as we do every time they ship something to Taiwan?  I hope not. Otherwise, what will they do with their EP-3's, their USS Impecables, and their S-71's ????

[ Last edited by edisonone at 2010-1-11 03:25 PM ]
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-12 07:29:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by matthew5_3 at 2010-1-11 12:55
On 2nd thoughts...
I support selling anti-aircraft missiles to Iran.

US have to be told that they cannot sell weapons to Taiwan forever in a hard way.  

Taiwan has to come to the negotiating ...

Iran is already license copying many Chinese wares so that's not going to work. What it just might take, my opinion, is another Cuban Missile Crises and this time around, on the Mainland with Chaves as our partner...
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-12 07:35:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by manoj10 at 2010-1-11 10:24

For this I admire Chinese, they did what we couldn't do with non violence :)

If you are of the Maoist faction of Indian society, then you are most welcomed to weight in cos Indian Maoists are our brothers and our comrades in arm. If otherwise, you are wasting your time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-12 11:54:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by edisonone at 2010-1-11 15:19
Damn!  

Doesn't "Ma's Taiwan" have a mind of its own or is it too as snug a puppet on an American string as South Korea and Japan???  

I sometimes also wonder if these tit for tats  ...

Here's the Chinese version of it:

However, and this for Beijing: "If I was calling the shots, I would take the arming of Taiwan as an outright provocation targeted at China which it is, and instead of having our "starwar's program" declassified in response as a kind of tit for tat, I'd order a few of my 093/094's to do routine cruises along the American coast, and, I'd make Chave's turf the restocking port of call as a means of letting Washing in on what we thinks of them.

我国在境内进行一次陆基中段反导拦截技术试验

Flash: http://mil.news.sina.com.cn/2010-01-11/2104580287.html

新华网快讯:中国11日在境内进行了一次陆基中段反导拦截技术试验,试验达到了预期目的。这一试验是防御性的,不针对任何国家。

我要评论

航天专家:

中国科学院院士孙家栋获2009年度国家最高科学技术奖

各方评论:

宋晓军:中国试验陆基中段反导拦截后该干什么?

美称不应过度将中国反导试验与美台军售联系

专家称中国反导系统整体水平距形成战力尚远

解放军空军大校:中段反导拦截技术较成熟(图)

我国初具反弹道导弹能力 中段反导技术难度很大

背景资料:

国外评中国防空系统:已经配备64套红旗-9导弹

资料:陆基中段反导拦截系统

高清图:中国国产防空反导导弹系统家族

美国对台军售:

美国宣布向台湾出售爱国者导弹防御系统

外交部就美对台出售防空导弹等答问(实录)

国防部要求美方立即撤销有关对台军售项目

中方3天内5次就美对台军售表达强烈反对

美售台武器将严重损害中美关系

相关专题:我国进行陆基反导拦截技术试验

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-12 12:01:27 |Display all floors

Reply #32 matthew5_3's post

One country, two system is the best system for Taiwan!

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.