Views: 6535|Replies: 18

Hey is this place censored? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-1-7 19:05:54 |Display all floors
I quickly scanned through and didn't seem to find any different opinions (at least not in the subject line).

When I was in Australia, I went to a facebook forum on Burmer issue (the junta and the monks), lots were targeting Chinese gov even the Olympics. I posted some different opinions and soon triggered harsh bashing from those netizens and ended up being banned for the reason "posting irrelevant content". I mean, hello, is Olympic less irrelevant to the MONKS?

I wouldn't be surprised at all if it's censored here, as I came to understand that it is the rule that applies to all media in the world, not less in "democratic" countries. In fact, I would be surprised if it's not.

My favourite place is Tianya.cn, if you can read Chinese, I would recommend it. It is a sea of different opinions and the censorship doesn't seem to care much : )  That's the way to go, even though I was appalled by some of the eccentric statements there. A mixed bag of beans!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-7 19:12:57 |Display all floors
It is an "harmonized" forum, the more critical post you have always to dig out from the ground floor.

The comedian posts - like "9/11 how did it happen" - are usually very lightweight, since they lack real substance, they even would float on water.

[ Last edited by Petra01 at 2010-1-7 07:14 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-7 19:15:53 |Display all floors
I am the only real "provocateur" around here.

Someone gave me this unusual honor and I carry it with pride.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-7 19:18:07 |Display all floors

Substance

The late fictitious "UA 175" went through the South Tower as though it had no earthly substance .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-7 19:21:25 |Display all floors
I think you lack a bit more than only earthly substance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-9 20:50:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2010-1-9 20:02

Psst: GayBoy - the Thai Tourist Police are now snooping on the Internet too.

IT TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-1-9 21:06:11 |Display all floors
Of course it is not!

I mean you can say anything you want here.

Well apart from ..............  and  .............  of and of course ...................

It is the same as the West, where you can say anything.

Well, er, er. Apart from ........... and .............  and ...............  

So no, not really.   

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.