Views: 24490|Replies: 121

You are the judge [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-1-1 12:13:38 |Display all floors
Since I am married to a Filipina wife I can tell you that flying to and from the Philippines very often leads to situations
at the baggage check-in were I had to tell my wife, please do not heed any request from any fellow Filipina to check-in
parts of her baggage. These people are among the most kind and friendliest in the world and it is very common, even
among strangers, to help out.

But I told her: No ! Don't do this. Never ! And I explained the reason to her.

Now, if you imagine a poor Filipina maid, with probably low education and maybe even her first flight experience.
A fellow Filipina might even offer her money for carrying a few pieces of her baggage.

Arriving in places like Singapore or China can cause that lady to be executed, since she has no proof at all

that those pieces of baggage are not hers.

In the year 2009 48 Philippine nationals have been executed in China (according to Global Times, a state controlled media of China).
Multiple choicevote, There are a total of 0 people participating in the poll
14.29% (1)
14.29% (1)
0.00% (0)
28.57% (2)
42.86% (3)
0.00% (0)
0.00% (0)
Your current user group has no poll permission

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2010-1-1 12:21:04 |Display all floors
  1. It is the procecution who has to give evidence that that piece of bagagge is really hers
Copy code

I wont bet but believe that, for example,  the French system demands the accused to prove he's innocent. You see, even in Europe different rules and regulations are in place. Live with it - you wont change anything.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-1 12:24:29 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2010-1-1 12:21
  1. It is the procecution who has to give evidence that that piece of bagagge is really hers
Copy code

I wont bet but believe that, for example,  the French system demands the accused to prove he ...

Assuming you are right, at least France does not execute, an action irreversible if innocent or not.

Is it your honest believe, that in cases like I described a person should be killed, or you just avoiding a straight and honest answer ?

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-1-1 12:35:52 |Display all floors
The onus is on the Philippines government not to allow stupid people to fly to China.

Guilty.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-1 12:45:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2010-1-1 12:35
The onus is on the Philippines government not to allow stupid people to fly to China.

Guilty.

WOW, honest and straight !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-1 13:15:49 |Display all floors
All are crying for the "strong man" her on CD and for execution, but only one made a personal judgment on this case, that was expatter.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-1 13:17:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by harmless at 2010-1-1 12:13
Since I am married to a Filipina wife I can tell you that flying to and from the Philippines very often leads to situations
at the baggage check-in were I had to tell my wife, please do not heed a ...

That's why drugs smugglers prefer to use the Phillipines?

Because of the poverty resulted from disastrous government policy?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.