Author: expatter

The most violent country in Europe: Britain [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-1-1 16:33:15 |Display all floors

soapdodger

I agree with you he is a very poor politician.
Which makes the case for his 1,000,000 even more disturbing.

Again I agree with you about parents and education.
However, the amount of time to do this would take a minimum of one generation. And could never happen unless the state took firm control of law and order and drugs.

Mao was a visionary. If you read about his life and commentators who met and wrote about him you will find that he metamorphasized Sun Yat-sen's 3 principles and melded them with western ideas such as Marx.  More importantly through all of his long years of battles never flinched at changing the ideology to suit new situations and challenges.  What he achieved against the KMT, Japanese and Americans was truly remarkable and visionary.  I speak at this stage of the period 1921 - 1958.

Immigration and Europe. Mostly true. But: dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1226223/New-immigration-row-memo-reveals-Home-Office-officials-told-risks.html

The row follows publication of memos between Sir Bill Jeffrey, who was the Home Office civil servant in charge of immigration policy, and then immigration minister Beverley Hughes in 2003.

The memos came as the Home Office tried to clear a backlog of 45,000 applications for visas, work permits and permits for extended stays in Britain.

During the process, 337,000 applications were fast-tracked under the code name Brace.

Sir Bill's memo to Mrs Hughes was written after a public outcry that followed the admission to Britain of more than 20 members of the Taliban who had left Afghanistan to escape American forces.

A very common discussion when I go back to the UK is migration and the papers are always full of it.  Especially those indigenous people who cannot get a council home. The list is now purportedly nearly 200 years long.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-1 16:47:29 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2010-1-1 16:33
Mao was a visionary. If you read about his life and commentators who met and wrote about him you will find that he metamorphasized Sun Yat-sen's 3 principles and melded them with western ideas such as Marx.  More importantly through all of his long years of battles never flinched at changing the ideology to suit new situations and challenges.  ..

A 'visionary' who combined the 3 principles with western ideas....all of which turned out to be economic disasters!

Not so sure that visionary is the correct choice of word...

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-1-1 16:52:10 |Display all floors

zhiran

Selectively blind.

I did write 1921-1958 to help those with issues about 1958 - 1976.

Maybe you should read it again.   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-1 17:19:26 |Display all floors
A lot of Poles are actually going back home now as their currency is strengthening and their jobs market is improving.

Employers do like them because they have a good work ethic and to be honest, we have a lot of idle Brits who dont want to work.

A good benefits scammer can get more doing nothing than working because we are taxed to death, this will get worse as we are in enormous debt.

Happy new year ?  Its grim

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-1 17:37:19 |Display all floors

St George

I have heard that about Poles and I met and had a conversation with a lady taxi driver and boy was she honest and hard working.

Poles are also entitled to UK child benefit when they go back to Poland.

Which is a considerable bonus to them.

Plenty of benefits scammers and Brown has run the deficit into 2 billion pounds now.

We can assume that is for the benefit of the Tories. A hole they will not get out of.

They should consider a one party system and work together, but they won't.

By Heck it's Grim.

Happy New Year.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-4 14:09:59 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-4 14:14:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by huang262 at 2010-1-4 14:09

Actually, the Irish are everywhere! No thanks to the potato famine.

The potato famine was a gross distortion in Irish history. This was a revisionist historical invention by the Irish to gain sympathy from other Euro nations against the colonial invaders, the Brits.  They blamed the Brits for the entire disaster but the real reason was bad weather.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.