Views: 14843|Replies: 65

Now It is Official: China is the New Super Power on the Planet [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-12-17 21:32:03 |Display all floors
http://seekingalpha.com/article/ ... rpower?source=email

A remarkable 44% of Americans believe China is the world's leading economic power and only 27% think the U.S. is, according to a recent survey by the Pew Center.
No Virgin Girl in America

American can not live without SEX.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-18 03:10:13 |Display all floors
44%, ummm, when was that a majority? The US remains as it always has been, #1, albeit a bit diminished and flawed. I dare China to try beat them! Ummmm, nope, not a goer. Why, because even the leaders of China aren't that stupid!
God bless Mr Hu and Mr Wen, jia you!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-18 13:04:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2009-12-18 12:54
A staggering 100% of people in my oneman household believe China lacks moral leadership quality and so it isn't a superpower  yet.

Now that is an absolute majority, isn't it?

But snakey, I'm sure you won't leave China because of that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-18 13:13:30 |Display all floors
we supply cheap goods,  using the raw materials irrespective. high pollution, cheap labor force.
is that  super power.mean?

[ Last edited by obscure at 2009-12-18 01:17 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-18 16:55:30 |Display all floors
The article is dumb and the reason for it is obvious: the dude runs a market research company focused on China. He's part of the China Hype machine that's the same reason that most Americans also think that China has a much larger economy and much less poverty than it actually does.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-18 19:55:09 |Display all floors
Ha ha ha!

Look at the reply by the usual crowd of dumb stupid Anglos.
They are getting worried that China is replacing the Anglo-American thieves as number one.

And China is doing it without killing 100's of millions of people like the degenerate Anglos have done throughout their short pathetic history!
the anglos are rsponsible for ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-18 20:13:34 |Display all floors
There are potentially 3 superpowers around at the moment

1 economic = EU
1 Economic/political =China
1 Economic, political and military (by far) superpower = the US.

Cultural?  They all exert influence in different ways I suppose. I suspect over the coming decades the powers will become more equal across the various measures of ‘superpower’ status with others like India challenging too. A multipolar world will hopefully be a more equal and fairer world, but I don’t hold out much hope and China has a lot further to go before its population have anything approaching the standards of living of either EU or US.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.