Author: yuan_zcen

Kung Fu Panda 'humiliating' [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-12-18 03:55:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2009-12-17 13:00
How can, in this way, opening up part of China's culture etc to the world being humiliating? I think that it shows a certain amount of respect (for the cultures of China) and because it was years a ...

its humiliating because although China have the potential to show off its culture which proved to be so popular in animated form in Hollywood, they just werent able to do it because.....well... its CHINA. animation is not socially accepted as a form of digital art, its considered childish, is not because china dosnt have money to make its own version of 'kungfu panda', they have sh*t loads of money, its just not supported!! and the animators/graphic designers in china knows this!! thats why its humiliating for them!! chinese studios have the money, the talents, and tons of materials to work with, but the funds will NEVER be distributed to an animation studio. Having foreigners making an animated film showing off chinese culture and being successful at it, its kind of like kicking chinese animators in the face and say "im sure you guys are talented and have money but because you live in CHINA where social & culture values are still lagging behind the US for like 30 years, we will just make one for you, sit back and enjoy"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-19 12:30:25 |Display all floors
Humiliating were the ugly "Fu Manchu" and other grotesque imagery of Chinese in western film.  Kungfu Panda  ( and Mulan) were positive breakthroughs.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-20 13:55:58 |Display all floors
I like the movie, although it make me a bit sad in deeply heart.

We lost a Panda already, but will be another there, just waiting for us.

Now the most important thing is back to work, not argue.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-20 15:11:17 |Display all floors

Humiliating?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-20 15:23:06 |Display all floors
Humiliating? If the movie was depicting China in a wrong way, I would understand. But China should actualy be proud to give inspiration to foreign creation.
Also, even if I have no doubt about Chinese animation tech., I am not so sure that China would succeed to creat such a nice animation movie with this universal humour and accessibility. Actualy, very few mainland movies did succeed to spread Chinese culture in the past with such popularity. Walt disney prod. got the means and ability to do so.
I also confirm that all my Chinese friends have been moved and homoured by this tribute to their culture.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-21 10:13:40 |Display all floors
Good Movie. Well done Hollywood.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-21 14:16:24 |Display all floors
I havn't seen the animation, only but a trail. the character and feature is lovely, vivid and moch of Chinese elements.
Culture is not exclusive, every nation can refer to that of other nation's. That's why human being develope fast.
You hardly image what the world would be if there were no culture's blending.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.