Author: antimatter

@A bit more detail on the Antiship Ballistic Missile@ [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-12-14 12:22:41 |Display all floors

Reply #12 antimatter's post

space base......

URGENT, American Regime is developing all the technologies to set up FIRST SPACE THEME PARK, HOTEL....

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-15 03:45:21 |Display all floors

Ah...

Originally posted by greendragon at 12/13/2009 11:22 PM
space base......

URGENT, American Regime is developing all the technologies to set up FIRST SPACE THEME PARK, HOTEL....

... is someone a bit upset that U.S. civilians are doing things that other governments/military forces have yet to achieve?

So... you talking about Rutan or Bigelow on this one?
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-15 11:24:42 |Display all floors

Reply #16 tradervic's post

Ah! DokTAR Vic!

it's American tradition to use PRIVATE VEHICLEs, I say American Irish-Italian coaliton fellas would be anguish to acknowledge has strong Dutch-English tradtion! (The English rebels and their Baptist church coaltion fellas will be fast to add - it's theirs)

so, VAST credit can be raised, without hampering the credit of the American Federal Government finances for such a vital new asset in the exploitation and MASTERY of space! and you can let the system absorbed the losses too! How neat!

Yet, NASA expensively developed technology needs to be transfered to FAVOURed Rebel English owned companies such as INTEL, LOCKHEED MARTIN, GENERAL DYNAMIC etc....

For that THEME PARK space hotel/space base, you need that HEAVY PAYLOAD LAUNCH vehicle, ARIES - AH! DOUBT PRIVATE COMPANY can afford that yet! It might be China that would do it well.....

Look at the HIGH SPEED TRAIN - the Beijing Tianjin route is 120km, built at a cost of US$1.8 billion yet ticket cost only US$8.5 one way!!!!!! HOLLY COW! Subsidy from the Rmb money minting Chinese Central Government.

and yes - that Wuhan-Guangzhou fast rail might have a US$2 billion a year depreciation bill - likely to be absorbed by the Central Government - maybe US$80 for a one way trip! HOLY COW!

so, I wouldn't be surprised that a US$200,000 a trip 1 week holiday could be implemented by CHINA first!
(The solid fuel rocket is also available by the Chinese, so a space shuttle isn't that difficult too - solved both theme park and cheap trip to space vehicle!)

Watch out, 2012 - China Space Lab

CRUCIAL, to develop all the needed technology - you need a lab!

ha ha ha

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-16 03:05:26 |Display all floors

<smile> Sorry GD - but...

Originally posted by greendragon at 12/14/2009 10:24 PM
so, I wouldn't be surprised that a US$200,000 a trip 1 week holiday could be implemented by CHINA first!

... it appears that your rather jealous sounding rant hit a rather sour note on this line - given that the Russians appear to have yanked back on the technology leash again (as evidenced on the defense side and the lack of jet engines) - the chances of that are very, very slim.

Flipside - I would not be surprised if the Chinese take over Russia's game of flying tourists up to the ISS.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-16 11:12:07 |Display all floors

Reply #18 tradervic's post

Is that so DokTAR Vic!

ha ha ha

We will never know what the TECHNICIANs can develop in China!
China is rapidly developing it's Financial Industry, incomes are rising, domestic demand is increasing, the capability of Chinese Mega Companies are rapidly improving!

By 2018, the Chinese economy will double in size again! - closing in rapidly on the gap with the USA!

It's really hard to say since the space shuttle is a 30 year old technology!
(and thus China is also capable to build the space shuttle too!)
and the American Regime has only gradual new technology improvements since then!

ha ha ha

Green DRagon
Game Master

[ Last edited by greendragon at 2009-12-16 11:13 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-17 12:51:30 |Display all floors
OTH radar is contingent on either a space based or airborne platform since radar waves basically travel in a straight line.
The "skin" on missiles is not thick, so even a near miss can knock the weapon off target or destroy the seeker head....again, not rocket science although the basics appear to be hard to grasp for some.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-18 02:30:50 |Display all floors

Reply #15 greendragon's post

Really my friend, I have far more access to "things" than you can imagine. i know what I am talking about, all else is supposition. Yes, I applaud China's "tech leap"....it's a helluva lot better than the great leap, F , no sh!t.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.