Views: 13636|Replies: 27

Dwelling Narrowness in chinese 蜗居 reflects the social reality ? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-12-8 20:43:01 |Display all floors
I just graduated this year .Be4 I graduated ,I wacthed the TV series struggle 奋斗,it seems that I had passion to the furture.But now I wacth the TV series Dwelling Narrowness – in chinese 蜗居. I realize that there are so many things that I cant handle with. I can hardly see my furture. It is depressing to know the reality of society.
It is that ture that the series exactly reflects the ture society, housing , love and marriage ?
How can we the post 80s generation without any background?
survive in the big city ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-10 15:35:25 |Display all floors

not all

I think <humble abode> just reflects one part of  social reality , actually it's not necessary too stressed . diffrent  individual philosphy results in diffrent attitude to life , to society
the key ponit is how you define  the happiness

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-10 15:49:20 |Display all floors
I just watched the beginning. Dont quite like the plot.

[ Last edited by 123sophia at 2009-12-14 01:51 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-11 12:28:23 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lucyshi88 at 2009-12-10 15:35
I think <humble abode> just reflects one part of  social reality , actually it's not necessary too stressed . diffrent  individual philosphy results in diffrent attitude to life , to society  ...

yes it's just one part of the real society,but the real one is enough to make stressed......housing promble and so on...someting u have to do ,the situation pushes u to do

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-17 04:26:59 |Display all floors
havn't watched that show, but I think i understand the concept of those topics you described. To me the society is this way is because china is a society of conformity. you are pressured to study, pressured to make it to a good school, pressured to get a proper job after graduation, why? because everyone else does it. And then, you are pressured again to find a partner, get married, and of course you got to get a house and a car right? what happens when you get kids? of course they have to materially succeed as well because afterall, thats how their parents understood society. so music, art, literature and other spiritual practices are a big NO NO. since you wont be making much money with them therefore you will be look down upon because you aint 'making it'. and the reason those things dont make money is because there isnt a market for it because a person's worth is judged by his/her material success. what happens then? next generation gets less exposure to those things because less people practices them since those things dont make money. and therefore further down the road, material success will be the ONLY way a person can succeed. and IF you dont succeed in any of the steps described above, you are considered a failure, because everyone else does the same thing, its the only measurement to judge how successful you are. what college you went to, whats the salary, how big is the house, how many cars... etc. what are you suppose to do in a society like this? its a huge f*cking vicious cycle.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-23 14:06:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by eknick at 2009-12-17 04:26
havn't watched that show, but I think i understand the concept of those topics you described. To me the society is this way is because china is a society of conformity. you are pressured to study,  ...

quite agree with you.
Like to make friends!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-24 10:18:23 |Display all floors
yes ,the seris shows in some extent reflect the truth of our socity...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.