Views: 4330|Replies: 0

please help my listenning and speaking english [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-12-7 23:55:11 |Display all floors
Hi,English Master (i mean anyone who thinks he has sufficient English practise experience), i am really mad for leaning English now.
for the sake of my job, i have to take the conference call weekly with my foreign customer, of course there is another host, but i also must stand by and explain some questions.  the awkward situation is , i can only understand the chinese English, but i really have difficulties to understand the foreigh english.when i got my job, i was interviewed by a chinese, god knows how can i pass that english interview. even after the interview, i felt a little proud that it seems my english is not too bad.
but only after i begin my work, i can fully understand how diffucult it is to start my work with a poor English.
my boss is Malaysian, my partner is Philippine, my customer is American....i can understand them only by email....every Thurday concall i would rather killing myself.
i tried my best to learn.
since 3 months ago, i started listening to the CCTV9 daily, from 19:00~23:00, or even longer. to be honest, i can fell the progress, but it costed me 3months.
i red through 2 books, one is crazy english,listening version, another is 100topics of business english situation. i don't want to say i can remember every words of them, but i really red and listened through them.
but, the problem is i still can't do better.
i can understand any chinese spoken english, but not foreigners. it'd terrible to communicat with my partners.
now i am listening to the movies , like desperate housewives. just like some one who is big on this field said, i listened word by word, phrase by phrase, and to make sure i understand every tunes in the movie.
this has spent me 1 week.
i don't know if i am on the right way. i really need improve my english, i dont want to spend another 3 month.
during this time, i have ever asked resignation to my boss due to i feel i can't survive this critical english environment. but due to a unknown reason my boss suggest me to stay. but it's a shame to work here.
anyway, even i decide to resign, i must overcome the english. both in speaking and listening.
anyone here can give me a right and good suggestion about my confusion?
and tell me am i on the right of learning english.?
i need you help. any help is appreciated.
i am going crazy, too much time was wasted on this. i can't afford it.
i want to complete it before the new year, at least i can clearly understand the foreigner.
i am not a fresh man knows nothing about the english, i describe myself as "with fluent english" in my resume. i dont' want to expose the truth before my next employer.
crazy,zrazy,crazy......
help,help.help......
thanks,thanks,thanks.....

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.