Author: zhoupu

Beijing University Student Embarrasses Japanese Reporter [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-12-7 16:08:52 |Display all floors
I think it embarrasses Chinese posters here.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-8 17:06:29 |Display all floors
Today, in China it is difficult to find a Chinese diplomat measuring to the caliber of Mr Sha ZuKang, China's permanent ambassador to the U.N and the present Under-Secretary-General for Economic and Social Affairs. He is a straight talker and has no qualms in calling a spade a spade. Whereas, on the other hand I have often seen in the CCTV-9 "Dialogue" programs, some Chinese officials or academicians who when asked a question, would "circumvent the world" searching for an answer. They seemed so concerned at giving a wrong answer in that as if their next meal comes from the foreign guest/s.  At times by their body language, they appeared to be almost like seeking for approval/s from the foreign guest/s before they have the courage to answered. They appeared so lack of confidence that at times I can't help but to wonder aloud why on earth they were there on the program in the first place.

To the CD Forum moderator:

Irrespective of whether the interview is fictitious or real, I hope the following video clip could be forwarded to the student in question or could be made available to the students in "Pei Da". I am happy to note that at least there is a future Sha ZuKang in the making and not all hope is lost.

Dalian 2007 - Soft Power: Influencing the World with a Chinese Touch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjnlwGzaDb4

Note: I am equally impressed with the other two Chinese speakers together with Mr Sha ZuKang in the forum

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-8 20:41:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sansukong at 2009-12-8 17:06

Whereas, on the other hand I have often seen in the CCTV-9 "Dialogue" programs, some Chinese officials or academicians who when asked a question, would "circumvent the world" searching for an answer. They seemed so concerned at giving a wrong answer in that as if their next meal comes from the foreign guest/s.  At times by their body language, they appeared to be almost like seeking for approval/s from the foreign guest/s before they have the courage to answered. They appeared so lack of confidence that at times I can't help but to wonder aloud why on earth they were there on the program in the first place.

Ummm  sans, it's called diplomacy or tact.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-9 02:15:04 |Display all floors
Ummm  sans, it's called diplomacy or tact.

Excessive application of tact and diplomacy may send the wrong message to the opponent as being weak. Take Putin for example. He has the tact, diplomacy and yet the force and sharpness to stop his opponent right on his/her track. He does not permit himself to be taken advantage of or be bullied.

Now, look at how Sha ZuKang told off the moderator who was really provoking the Chinese speakers at the Dalian World Economic Forum. Good for him(the moderator), he knew when to back down.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-9 02:24:13 |Display all floors
An extremely puerile attempt to score nationalistic points internationally.
I am sorry, Chinese guys, but you can hardly expect any decent human being of following you down this chauvinistic path of Japan-bashing.

You not only go off at a tangent but also take the biscuit!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-9 05:53:37 |Display all floors

I don't understand

There are many Asian countries invaded by Japan.

Torture took place in many countries thanks to the Japanese. But probably all the countries except China have forgiven Japan and moved on. In fact people from SEA like Japanese people.

So why can't China forgive the Japanese when similar countries no longer bring up this issue or are bitter over it.

I think the student actually bring shame to his own country. Premier Wen would have given a real wise answer instead of giving manipulative and rude answers.

Other students should not applaud such a crafty behaviour. Because this is not the way to win an argument.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-10 06:41:30 |Display all floors
For a long time since after world war two, China had been subjected to bullying by many western countries ganged up to put China in extreme disadvantages. Japan after losing the war was in the good book of these western countries for its obedience and went on to reap the benefits from its western benefactors. It took China almost sixty years later to come to what China is today. For those who, without hesitation, spring to come forward to condemn China for asking for justice where justice is due, were once the same perpetrators who violated China's sovereignty together with Japan. Those "Pei Da" students were not even born when those atrocities were committed upon their elders, nevertheless,they have to see to that, history would not be allowed to repeat itself in their life time. Is it not fair for them to ask for justice and fair play when no official apology is forthcoming from those perpetrators? One of the ex chancellors of Germany went down on his knees to seek forgiveness for the atrocities committed against Europe during the second world war. Why, are Chinese lesser human beings?  Who are those to call the Chinese being rude when the wrongs were committed by others on the Chinese? Where is your sense of fair play? The simple analogy is that when you stepped on someone's toe and just walked off without offering an apology, it tells me just one thing about you; and that is, you are a very poorly brought up human being to say the least. Period.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.