Author: zhoupu

Beijing University Student Embarrasses Japanese Reporter [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-12-4 19:32:43 |Display all floors

It's a load of bollocks, and not particularly clever.

The allegedly witty student is clearly singing from the propaganda sheet.

Only the Japanese have made mistakes and China is perfect.

The crap about China "acknowledging history without bias" is the sort of shyte we'd read about in a Chinese state media article about Tbt, the DL, Twn, XJ or any other sensitive issue.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-5 03:39:16 |Display all floors
Taking the interview with the questions at face value, it does not matter the interview is real or otherwise; the answers to those provoking questions are appropriate, direct and factual and are not meant to beat around the bush. To the student in question in this interview, I commend you on a task well done and as it is,no one can do it any better. Kudos to you. As a matter of fact, there are not many so-called professional Chinese diplomats who do possess the zeal and the frankness you have and above all the courage to call a spade a spade like you had, except one, by the name of Mr Sha Zukang, China's permanent ambassador to the U.N and the present Under-Secretary-General for Economic and Social Affairs. I hope the Peking University students are able to view the two video tapes below on the interviews of Mr Sha Zukang..... one by BBC and the other by CCTV:

China on military, sovereignty (by: BBC]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWKaJ60Sh84

Sha ZuKang (by: CCTV)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWGffZvIPYo

After you have viewed the tapes on Mr Sha ZuKang's interviews you would know that you have conducted yourself and responded to the situation as what Mr Sha ZuKang would have done in this situation. As for the critics here on this subject in this forum they are nothing more than a bunch of gas-bags.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-5 04:22:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sansukong at 2009-12-5 03:39
Taking the interview with the questions at face value, it does not matter the interview is real or otherwise; the answers to those provoking questions are appropriate, direct and factual and are ...

Actually, it does matter. Anything else but reality is just prop.aganda and is therefore, inadmissible.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-5 04:34:27 |Display all floors
Here's a little error in the student's debate:

Q: Do you personally use Japanese goods?
A: Yep, a toilet. (Laughter amongst the students present)  
Q: Well then, tell me, why are Japanese toilet bowls better than Chinese ones?
A: In China, we don’t discuss things like this, talking about such things in public is very abnormal/perverse. (Laughter) Of course, I don’t know if you are used to doing this, or if your country is. (Laugther)

Who brought up the toilet subject first? The student.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-5 11:19:41 |Display all floors
"Taking the interview with the questions at face value, it does not matter the interview is real or otherwise"

Yes, it does.  No reporter would ask these questions (what is this 'interview' supposed to be about, anyway?)- so, once again, Chinese internet patriots with too much time on their hands are imagining insults and responding to them.  The victimhood/inferiority complex- the sheer lack of confidence- behind this just makes Chinese patriotism look ridiculous.

"I commend you on a task well done and as it is,no one can do it any better."

So the best possible answer to a question about China's industrial fatality rate is to say 'everybody dies'?  And one about student suicides by saying Japan has more?  That just adds to my point- too many self-proclaimed 'patriots' on the Chinese internet are so fixated on their own insecurities, they don't even seem to care about the deaths of their own countrypeople.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-5 11:26:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2009-12-4 14:09
Then again, they may be the reason why Chinese bathrooms are the world's shame. ...

Then why you endure this everyday and refuse to leave?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-5 12:36:16 |Display all floors
Originally posted by zhoupu at 2009-12-3 06:53 PM
http://www.chinasmack.com/storie ... -japanese-reporter/

A Beijing University Chinese student’s responses to a Japanese reporter, without a single  ...

japanese r knowm for their extremely bad public relation skill, kind like the koreans today.  they simply need to let chinese, like this student, to do if for them.

i like to see a interview like that about japan, by an amercan reporter.  but maybe i need to write a script for the japanese.
ASIA UNIFICATION

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.