Views: 24881|Replies: 61

Can couples of different races have happy marriage? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-8-26 10:38:04 |Display all floors
The girl is Hui (minority in China, like muslims) and the boy is Han. They used to be  school mate in the same university and have been together for more than 6 years. They are planning to get married later this
year. But the girl's parents are still not agreeable to the marriage. Everybody knows that Hui people and
Han people are quite differnet in food. What is your suggestion? Will they be happy together?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-26 10:47:48 |Display all floors

Well....................

I suppose that it will all depend on the couple themselves and their will to stay together. I have been married for as long as I can remember with a woman who is from a different country.

Food? I don't think that is the biggest barrier!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-26 10:53:18 |Display all floors

Nice to hear your comments.

very nice to hear some comments. but the boy is the only son in his family. The Girl must cook pork for his family. Do you think it acceptable to cook pork for the girl of Hui minority?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-26 11:11:45 |Display all floors

I know.......

msulims who drink alcohol, eat pork and so on and don't make a big issue about it.

Of course if she has a stronger religious believe than love for the husband, she won't be able to do that.

As I told you, in a couple, mutual understanding is the key. My wife is Christian and goes to church on Sundays and I am an atheist and stay home reading.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-26 12:51:56 |Display all floors
At least between ghosts it works

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-26 13:38:53 |Display all floors

well

I think love is short, but Mutual understanding is important during the mariied days.
if there is not the last, saying sorry before marriage is a good adivce.
I think the boy should help the girl in cooking. In my opniion, I prefer the Beef to the Pork in this case.
I often go to the hui restaurants.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-28 15:08:57 |Display all floors

Reply #4 longzhou's post

Agreed, hearts don't see colour, language, religious or food preferences. If love lives between people, than it also stay alive. Love is a work in progress and it should, hopefully, go on for a lifetime.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.