Author: learner1

What is the True America ? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-11-29 03:45:57 |Display all floors
"*It's a fact that we have a huge poor class. They are part of America too. A LARGE part.
**Crime is out of control. It's not safe to walk the streets at night. We lead the developed world in violent crime. Wherever we send our soldiers, rape and murder statistics increase. Ask Japan.
**We are the fatest country on earth. While we proclaim our generous giving to all who will listen, in fact we mostly ignore the suffering of others while we pursue our simple pleasures such as drugs, sex, and video games.
**Drugs you say? What drugs? I worked on a military base in California. Because we were tested for Marijuana occasionally, 80% of the labor force turned to Methamphetamine, a vastly most destructive and highly illegal drug -- which is hard to detect. Drugs are foundation of the economy in our lower class. The majority of Americans have used drugs. Doctors, Lawyers, even our presidents have typically used drugs.
**More than any other developed country, we have a huge number of dysfunctional single women raising kids by multiple fathers.
**Every major city has at least one neighborhood that a woman could never walk across alone at night. The result of trying would likely be worse than a simple quick death.
**We claim "diversity is our strength". It's not. It's really not. Bribing the best and brightest away from other countries does enrich us, but diversity in our poor class one of the leading causes of bloodshed. Countries like Switzerland and Norway have relatively homogeneous cultures and they do great as a united group of friendly neighbors both in their own communities and in the world community. Diversity sets us apart from each other and is the root of our racism.
**While you can find some people in the previously mentioned wonderful communities that are not racist, the majority of America is racist. Watch the movie "Crash" to get a view of racism in America today.
"

You need a little thing called "perspective" because its fairly obvious you have never been outside the US, and if you have you never spent any time outside a major city.  What country has cities without questionable neighborhoods? lol.  This "huge poor working class" in the US are some of the richest poor in the world, until you have gone to rural areas in china you dont know what poor really is.  Our poor have cable, a car, an xbox 360, a 40" LCD 1080p TV for $600 bucks from wal-mart.  There is a reason countries like china are emulating our capitalist system and have abandoned communism.  I'm not saying that to bash china, and certainly it has come along ways since reforms began 30 years ago, but a visit to the countryside shows how far china has to go to bring prosperity to all of its citizens and not just those in the major cities on the east coast.

I have a friend going through tough times who earns $1300 US a month on unemployment insurance, and thanks to obama, that has been extended several times.  He has been out of work for over a year, but brought in over 15k without even having a job.  There are 800 million chinese who live on less than $600 a year while WORKING, and not an easy job, back-breaking farm jobs.

Like i said, get some perspective, you sound like a naive little kid.
Don't tread on me

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-29 09:02:02 |Display all floors
Anglos are just sick!
the anglos are rsponsible for ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-29 09:12:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Morgezuma at 2009-11-28 12:39

And if I was nurtured by the devil? You mean I should remain forever loyal?

What is 'nation'? You can not tell me it is just the government, or just the people, or just the invisible lines  ...

I can't argue with that photo

I hope that guy meets his maker, sooner rather than later

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-29 09:13:33 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-29 12:38:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cossack at 2009-11-28 07:57
You see, I do excuse Hasan totally, if in fact he is guilty of the charges against him (and there's considerable dispute about that)

I become furious about the atrocities committed by US force ...

Hasan had every reason to go nuts and the american govt  is to be blamed for creating and putting Hasan in that tortous postion where he eventually lost it........american govt  is soley  responsible for this gastly incident...: and yes Hasan's party need to sue the american govt for changing a normal man into a lunatic...it's all america's fault...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-29 12:50:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sono_hito at 2009-11-29 03:45
"*It's a fact that we have a huge poor class. They are part of America too. A LARGE part.
**Crime is out of control. It's not safe to walk the streets at night. We lead the developed world in ...

try defending the other allegations plz.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-29 17:13:29 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sono_hito at 2009-11-29 03:45
What country has cities without questionable neighborhoods? lol.  This "huge poor working class" in the US are some of the richest poor in the world

hito, you should not be so defensive. I didn't say that America is worse in some way. The topic is "what is the true America", and the question has been raised that perceptions, reputation, and reality don't seem to match up exactly. So I was pointing out some of the points that are often overlooked when we consider, "what is America like", "what would my life be like if I lived there"?

I took care to point out that Wiseoldlady is correct about the wonderful environment in our good neighborhoods. However, many less fortunate people don't consider those pleasant neighborhoods to be 'the real world'. In their experience, the real world is much closer to the streets. It has been pointed out that a majority of Americans are one crisis away from poverty. They have enough today, but they are waiting for their next paycheck, and if that doesn't come, they can't pay the rent. Or if they trip and hurt their back, or lose their job, etc.  Some people can survive for an extended period on unemployment, but there are many millions who don't have that protection. Millions who don't have jobs at all, millions who are wage-slaves without any unemployment, health care, or other benefits. I am not saying that America's poor are poorer than the poor in other countries, I'm saying that the true picture of America is not seen on the TV show called 'Friends', or ''Seinfeld'.

America's poor may have a big TV and an old clunker to drive. They may also enjoy drugs, alcohol, and lots of oily food. Our poor are fatter than the rich people in other countries, yeah, I agree. I don't mean to say our poor are poor, I meant to say that the ugly side of America is extremely ugly. We are the most violently criminal of all developed nations. EVERY major city has a bad side of town. In that area if a mild, innocent, and well-dressed girl was stranded by some accident and had to walk through that area at night, she would be fortunate if she was only raped, or only killed. If less fortunate she might be held prisoner in a basement, tortured and pimped for a few months until dead.

Let me say yet again, America has good points. Those good points help to make a good impression of America. Sometimes foreigners will come to enjoy the lifestyle they've learned to be "the American way of life". Sometimes they find that their children get corrupted by the lure of drugs, sex, and a lazy irresponsible lifestyle. It is not unusual for such immigrants to regret their choice and miss their homeland. The regret comes from finding the reality of America is far different from what you see on the massively popular feel-good shows that often set the world's impression of American life.

The poor in some countries have no TV, and no car. However, they can live an honorable life and raise their children in a neighborhood free from drugs and violence. That's not the case in America. In the USA, a poor family with good character will have a hard time protecting their children from ever-present threats if they have no choice but to live in a poor neighborhood.

As I said, America has more violent crime than any other developed country. Violent crime killed 40-50 times as many people at home than we lost in Iraq. That is to say, we kill 40-50 times as many Americans as our enemies do.

Some stats:

Poor Diet and Physical Inactivity 365,000
Alcohol 85,000
Microbial Agents 75,000
Toxic Agents 55,000
Motor Vehicle Crashes 26,347
Adverse Reactions to Prescription Drugs 32,000
Suicide 30,622
Incidents Involving Firearms 29,000
Homicide 20,308
Sexual Behaviors 20,000
All Illicit Drug Use, Direct and Indirect 17,000
Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs Such As Aspirin 7,600

[ Last edited by Morgezuma at 2009-11-29 05:19 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.