Author: manoj10

Why this happens in China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-11-24 11:48:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by liuyedao at 2009-11-24 11:44

Manoj,

That's the problem, the political will is not sufficient and the centralized form of taxation system forced local government find new ways to generate revenue, working with rotten bus ...

I agree with this

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-24 11:49:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by liuyedao at 2009-11-24 11:45

I know and agree with this, you're not like Rudi or others. :)

:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-24 20:28:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2009-11-24 20:26

I am afraid you are headedthe wrong route.

What most effectively counters corruption is - education, not fear.

Who would you shoot in the latest case?

Just the mine owner, or the loc ...

snakey snakey.

It will be much easier if you leave China a.s.a.p rather than you curse and scorn toward everything you see here.

Being a loser out there shouldn't be so bad.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-24 20:33:55 |Display all floors

Arabs have no right to order foreigners out of China

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-11-24 20:42:09 |Display all floors
NW,

I'm usually cool headed and don't show emotions quickly but when I saw the TV coverage of this mine accident and old mothers weeping because they lost their sons I could not but shed tears as well.

Safety standards of China's coal mines are one of the world's lowest. For a country like China there is no excuse. I expect top supervision and top mining and safety equipment to be used. China is still an emerging country but it is rich and the world's eyes are permanently focused on her. Please also note that the mine owner is no private person or private organization. This Heilongjiang mine is owned by the state!!!

What I sincerely hope is that those who managed this mine will be prosecuted with the FULL FORCE of the law and i mean it.

[ Last edited by satsu_jin at 2009-11-24 09:43 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-24 20:45:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2009-11-24 20:42
NW,

I'm usually cool headed and don't show emotions quickly but when I saw the TV coverage of this mine accident and old mothers weeping because they lost their sons I could not but shed tears a ...

yes while the government can grumble all it wants about the higher rate of accidents in private mines it must also look at the public mines like this one that still run more accidents than the rest of the world per kg of coal.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-24 20:50:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2009-11-24 20:42
NW,

I'm usually cool headed and don't show emotions quickly but when I saw the TV coverage of this mine accident and old mothers weeping because they lost their sons I could not but shed tears a ...

I'm also emotional to read this kind of news, this kind of incidents are not new and happen almost every year. How could they let the same thing happened without any active imporvement? It's about the supervision method and central government's inability to enforce law to the lowest level of official hierarchy.

The worst of all is in Shaanxi province, where most of China's coal produced. It's also the place where slavery exposed last year, for the demand for coal is always on the rise.

Unless the interest chain between local officials and corrup businessmen broken, this kind of incidents will be hard to prevent. The central government seems to be impotent in this.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.