Author: greendragon

Uncle Mao is a hero to the Chinese and a great general! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-11-22 11:31:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by zglobal at 2009-11-22 11:17

North you know I respect your opinions and I'm sorry I forgot it was you.
The trouble is that there were many voices during the period of Mao that tried to stand up against the injustice.
Mil ...

I also respect your opinion, we just disagree on topics, nothing about personality.

For many westerners, Mao is not their favorite and this is the same among many Chinese, I don't deny this.

But I prefer to read history as a whole, your view that history create figures rather than figures change history, yes this is a strong argument. If there's no Mao, maybe there will be another leader that also may save China. It's also a reality that it's Mao that overcome domestic and international obstacles to lay foundation of today's China, no need to speculate on "the other possible leader".

His economic policies brought disastrous result and many suffered because of that, starvation was common. But what's the backgrpund of all those? Years of wars, then Korean wars and then decades of economic blockade. Jiang Kai Shek already brought the bady needed gold to Taiwan. China was a mess at that time and even god will have headache.

I don't judge Mao from strictly his failures or the disastrous policies, but on how he laid foundation for today's China. We don't need economic managers like Deng or other technocrats during wartime, we need war leaders. We also need those who can unite the country when it's fragmented, not financial or international trader. Mao was there the history need the figure.\

Maybe many observers are right, he should leave economic and industrial matters to Deng or others earlier after he united the country. I may not agree with this, but today's China is a fragmented land without Mao and maybe Deng was still lead the war for unity if there's no Mao.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-22 11:45:36 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-22 18:49:37 |Display all floors
I tell you: It's a "religion" called Maoism with possible resurrection.

They call it even "Mao bible".

They were clever those times.

If we take away there religion we have to replace it with something!

Now the people are getting slowly back what was "stolen" from them.

[ Last edited by harmless at 2009-11-22 06:51 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-22 19:09:44 |Display all floors
To be obliged to hang a picture of Mao in every household is mimicking the Christian custom to hang a crucifix in every household, or the Buddhist to place a Buddha statue.

Mao was meant to be a "replacement".

:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-23 04:34:38 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-23 04:44:57 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-23 04:58:01 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.