Author: tradervic

A letter to Americans from a Canadian (Part II) [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-12-3 20:59:18 |Display all floors

Have to thank the mods...

Originally posted by ganzhuolin at 11/21/2009 12:37 PM
...is to beg the situation, especially in view of your limited worldview from your 'way stop' home. It would be a different matter entirely if your worldview went further than your 'way stop' h ...

... for reminding about this with their "pinning" on the Index Page.

As for ganzhuolin...  You can thank the mods for my "hogging" of the first part of this thread, because they locked down the first thread on this question when the flaming started to get out of hand.  Luckly, the flaming has not occured here - yet - so we can continue our little discussion.

As for your rant about P.R. China, given the level of shanzhai that exists...  faking it only gets a person, or group, or country only so far.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-4 18:31:21 |Display all floors

Trader Vic aka chairman

Originally posted by tradervic at 2009-12-3 20:59

... for reminding about this with their "pinning" on the Index Page.

As for ganzhuolin...  You can thank the mods for my "hogging" of the first part of this thread, becau ...

When will it stop.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-8 01:36:44 |Display all floors

Hm... no one wants to come out and play anymore?

<sigh> Trouble with missing a good rant session is trying to get it restarted once everyone has vented.

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-21 23:47:40 |Display all floors

precious thread

-- an expose' of 'gonzo journalism', so prevalent from the likes of dummy35 and trematoda

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-22 01:24:47 |Display all floors

You honestly believe that...

Originally posted by blueskies88 at 12/21/2009 10:47 AM
-- an expose' of 'gonzo journalism', so prevalent from the likes of dummy35 and trematoda

... Hunter S. Thompson would have agreed with them?  I think not...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-22 01:29:05 |Display all floors

Reply #40 tradervic's post

Hell no he wouldn't have agreed with them! He agreed with no one at any time!

'Gonzo Journalism' was a style he created, it is a drunken debauchery into self-indulgent insanity and that made us all laugh, the new gonzo journalism doesn't quite make us laugh in the same way, but its integration is still based on a perspective from the edge of insanity.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.