Author: satsu_jin

China fuels college student boom in U.S. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-11-23 18:30:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Exergy at 2009-11-23 17:42

it depends on what you consider corrupt
the vast majority of those studying in the US are from China's privileged elite.  Many of them are the offspring of government officials.  Some of those ...

do you mean that only a handful of our government officials are corrupt? if so ,i really doubt, i dunno the condition in other places , but i dare say that in my hometown, the majority of them are corrupt. don't say that i was  a cynic.
as for your roommate's parents, you said that the BMW 5 was given in reward of  their hard work .i think most probably the car was bought by taxpayers' pockets. then please tell me , do they take any counsel with we taxpayers before doing this ? isn't that an indirect corrupt?

[ Last edited by 312feng at 2009-12-6 04:58 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-23 18:55:24 |Display all floors
what i know is before 2020 india will have more people than china does! And indian are also intelligent too!^_^

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-11-23 19:57:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tim4107 at 2009-11-23 19:55
what i know is before 2020 india will have more people than china does! And indian are also intelligent too!^_^

This doesn't take until 2020. India's total population will surpass China's by 2018 at the latest.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-11-23 20:20:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by 312feng at 2009-11-23 19:30

i think most probably the car was bought by taxpayers' pockets. then please tell me , do they take any counsel with we taxpayers before do this ? isn't that a indirect corrupt?

Quite an allegation to accuse people, who are entitled to perks/bonuses, as being corrupt.  How about bonuses paid in the west, just think of the banks, is this corruption as well or is this acceptable to you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-24 09:48:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2009-11-23 20:20

i think most probably the car was bought by taxpayers' pockets. then please tell me , do they take any counsel with we taxpayers before do this ? isn't that a indirect corrupt?

as far as i know the banks of the west countries are private and operated for profit , how could you consider it to be equal to our government. i was not saying that there cann't be bonus in our government,but different from the private sector ,it is the taxpayers who finally pay the bill for the BMW5 ,at least it should be open to the public. isn't it

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-11-24 10:13:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by 312feng at 2009-11-24 10:48

as far as i know the banks of the west countries are private and operated for profit , how could you consider it to be equal to our government. i was not saying that there cann't be bonus in our  ...

Ah, I understand. According to your logic corruption is only corruption if government offices are involved. If private banks embezzle billions it's ok. This is a unique view of what corruption is. I guess we have to learn from you. Thanks for this opinion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-24 10:25:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2009-11-24 10:13

Ah, I understand. According to your logic corruption is only corruption if government offices are involved. If private banks embezzle billions it's ok. This is a unique view of what corruptio ...

Satsu,

Does China has an institution like the "Bundesrechnungshof" in Germany?

The job of this institution is to "permanently" check all government ministries from top to bottom for corruption and waste of tax payers money. They publish their findings in independent news media like "Der Spiegel" on a regular basis.

Does China has private association like the German "Bund der Steuerzahler" ?

An association of "tax payers" who also scrutinize government spending and publish in independent news  media, if a government ministry is using government owned airplanes for private vacations, for example.

Is there something similar in China ?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.