Views: 4078|Replies: 14

should we teach a small child nasty words? [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2009-11-18 14:14:49 |Display all floors
Some days ago my godchild had stayed in my house for a few hours. He is a very quiet and polite three year old child with very good manners.
One moment I heard the child mentioning some very nasty words about the genetical organs.
Words that I have never uttered .Words that only some uncultivated men or some uncultivated teenagers would utter.
I know that his parents do not talk like that so I asked him who taught him these words and he answered that it was his babysitter the one who taught him.

Taking him back home a liitle later I met the baby sitter who is an uncultivated woman and told her that I was really annoyed when I heard the little boy using these words.

The woman who is really uncultivated because there are people who are uneducated but they are cultivated and spiritual ,that woman told me that these words exist in the language  ,the child will hear them one day so better learn them now.

I really did not agree.Why should a child learn these pavement words at such an early age ,at an age when he does not know their usage.
I think that he can learn them at an age when he will be able to distinguish when it it proper to utter them and when not.

Why should we corrupt a little boy's mind in a non natural way.
What do you think?Should we teach small children nasty words at an early age or not?
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-18 14:45:03 |Display all floors
absolutely, no

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-18 16:18:39 |Display all floors
actually it is easier to learn bad words la

like schieben = x.i.t.
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2009-11-18 17:27:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by caringhk at 2009-11-18 16:18
actually it is easier to learn bad words la

like schieben = x.i.t.

what is it/Is it chinese?
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-19 09:08:24 |Display all floors
No,i disagreed

Nasty word sound disgusting

Why not teach them polite and gentlemen

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-19 09:09:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by xilaren at 2009-11-18 17:27

what is it/Is it chinese?

nope

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-19 11:24:34 |Display all floors

Reply #6 jiefang's post

No, kids shouldn't be taught, or exposed to such words. When my students use them in class, I put an end to it right away and homework as punishment ensues!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.