Author: learner1

Crush YouTube, Eat HuLu meat, Drink att bood. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-11-18 16:39:24 |Display all floors
it that yue fei like in guan gong story???

tartars once rule China just like mongolians

but these days tartar from cigarettes rules people teeth la
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-18 16:56:43 |Display all floors
What do you mean by match?
If yer talkin' content then tudou rocks because you can get copyrighted stuff you can't get on YouTube
If yer talkin' content uploaded from around the world then YouTube is #1 by a country mile.

If yer talkin' the go to sites around the world for videos, music, photos, tweets, updates...
You won't find them in the PRC. (Without a proxy)

If you want to promote Chinese cultural products around the world, than these are the sites you need to learn how to use, to market those products.
No need to reinvent the wheel, you just need to know how to ride it.
Good Gweilo: My job is the ideological quality control

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-18 17:08:42 |Display all floors
How to?
What's your idea?
When I said that TVB is BTV, somebody laughed at my know-nothing. like to live in a country. but I think tvb is btv. I can see btv, I like its programs.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-18 20:19:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Morgezuma at 2009-11-18 16:36
I sit in the Cinema in Shanghai and wonder why the people are laughing. The subtitles I am reading are correct, but I don't have the cultural background to catch the humor more than half the time.  ...

Culture difference and gap is a serious problem. I agree to you. What most Chinese know welll the west is drawing on the Hollywood movies.
Countless such movies stream to home like tide. and be well translated into chinese by those who educated in usa with fuent english culture.

conversely, there are less the westers who know well Chinese introduce our culture to the west. Most of movies and operas are translated by our Chinese, You can't deny they are accurate. but seem lack some local color, so foreigner will not feel any amussion at chinese joke.

that's why its important for foregner to introduce chinese to their people.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-18 20:51:13 |Display all floors

Reply #5 learner1's post

No, they go home to watch TV too, but I highly doubt that the content and the language of the TV programs will interest them because they can't identify with it.......nothing wrong with that.
morgezuma; maybe you're interested in what you see onscreen, but you'd know that most westerners could care less being unable to indetify with it so Chinese screen products, with exceptions, would be a flop really.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-19 09:56:03 |Display all floors
every one has his own taste.
somebody like this, others like thtat genre.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-19 10:06:35 |Display all floors
most of times, I prefer to watch advertisment. most of them are deluxe making

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.