Author: cossack

A letter to Americans from a Canadian  Close [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-11-19 03:16:14 |Display all floors

no doubt chicago dog is de best...

come to NY i will make you a super duper lower east side puerto rican style hotdog  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-19 04:34:04 |Display all floors

A Chicago "salad dog" and...

... a Detroit Coney Island are two distinctly different creatures, by far.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-19 08:54:49 |Display all floors
Buzzzzzzzzzz, I think there is a mosquito on this thread.....

Cossack sounds Ukrainian to me....and the article is dated during Bush era, thank God for Democratic elections.

It's strange that even though I don't like the tone of the letter, that doesn't mean there were no valid criticisms for instance the Monsanto seed company should be fined under monopoly laws and the Fed mess really needs to clean some house, though this problem is throughout Europe and in Canada as well.

But you will find still even with all America's problems we are glad to have USA as a neighbor, and this is the predominant view in Canada. You could say we speak the same language on most issues.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-19 08:59:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Morgezuma at 2009-11-16 11:42

Dear Canada,

I don't know what druthers are, but I'm sure we don't have any down here.

I'm an American, I know my people well. It's true, we are cowardly bullies. It's true that we slaugh ...

Canadians have nothing to do with Iraq, please sharpen brain before speaking....thanks.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-19 14:57:48 |Display all floors
Canada supplied a large number of support personel from the beginning and although your government has not advertised the change of policy, they more recently sent Canadian soldiers to Iraq. It's serious stuff, please consider looking into it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-19 15:02:43 |Display all floors
From Wiki:

Military participation
Though no declaration of war was issued, the Governor General-in-Council did order the mobilization of a number of Canadian Forces personnel to serve actively in Iraq.[1] On 31 March 2003, it was reported in Maclean's that in the previous month Canadian officers, aboard three frigates and a destroyer, had been placed in command of the multinational naval group Task Force 151, which patrolled the Persian Gulf region. A further 30 Canadians worked at the US Central Command in Qatar, and 150 troops were on exchange with US and British forces in proximity to combat.[2] North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) stationed Canadian Air Force pilots also flew combat missions with the US Air Force E-3 Sentry, and exchange officers fought with US units. In all, 40 to 50 Canadian military members participated in the conflict.

General Walter Natynczyk, one of the Canadian officers who served in Iraq, then a Brigadier GeneralBecause of this Canadian involvement in Iraq, the Ministers of the Crown at the time were criticised by Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition as hypocritical, and demands were made for the return of these Canadian Forces personnel. The Prime Minister stated that the Canadian military was not involved in direct combat, while sill fulfilling its commitment to NORAD. However, it was claimed by Janice Gross Stein and Eugene Lang in The Unexpected War that people from Canadian ministries were in Washington, D.C., openly vaunting Canada's participation in Iraq;[1] as Stein and Lang put it: "in an almost schizophrenic way, the government bragged publicly about its decision to stand aside from the war in Iraq because it violated core principles of multilateralism and support for the United Nations. At the same time, senior Canadian officials, military officers and politicians were currying favour in Washington, privately telling anyone in the State Department of the Pentagon who would listen that, by some measures, Canada's indirect contribution to the American war effort in Iraq – three ships and 100 exchange officers – exceeded that of all but three other countries that were formally part of the coalition."[

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-19 15:20:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lebeast at 2009-11-19 15:19

l'agent provocateur

This is an English Forum

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.