Author: cossack

A letter to Americans from a Canadian  Close [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-11-20 03:07:26 |Display all floors

Dude, stop this kindergarten nonsense...

Originally posted by tradervic at 2009-11-20 01:51

Figured you would have your speech ready - but you prefer to copy someone else's work?

Umm, uhh, dude, so the poster did not acknowledge where he got the thread from. So in what way does that diminish the contents of the thread, which I briefly commented on and which seems to have you up in arms so much so that you call my brief comment a 'speech'? Contents which, I might add, YOU REFUSED to address...and which, further, you conveniently change to an issue of 'copy and paste'...kindergarten tactics...

You ain't that smart, dude, and I ain't that dumb...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-20 03:16:59 |Display all floors

Since my initial response was lost in the noise...

... let me repeat myself - and highlight for response:

Originally posted by ganzhuolin at 11/19/2009 02:07 PM
Umm, uhh, dude, so the poster did not acknowledge where he got the thread from. So in what way does that diminish the contents of the thread, which I briefly commented on and which seems to have you up in arms so much so that you call my brief comment a 'speech'? Contents which, I might add, YOU REFUSED to address...and which, further, you conveniently change to an issue of 'copy and paste'...kindergarten tactics...

You ain't that smart, dude, and I ain't that dumb...

Originally posted by tradervic at 11/18/2009 09:02 AM
[quote]Originally posted by cossack at 11/15/2009 07:17 PM
Dear America:

And so it has come to this. Your once-great nation has fallen into madness, an affliction of mass denial that brings shivers up the spines of millions outside your borders. Yours i ...

Too bad they didn't confess where they got this item from:

ht tp://w ww.baltimorechronicle.c om/ol_aug02.sh t ml

As you can see when you access the weblink - it was written by W.R. McDougall, to the Washington Post, back in August 2002.

Ladies and Gents - while it is obvious that a few of you have a rather focused view on certain topics - it is also very obvious that most of you have absolutely no writing ability to express that view.  If you are going to quote someone else - then CITE who you are quoting, and have the decency of posting the weblink that you found it in.

Futhermore - for all those folks that claim to American, Chinese, etc., without providing verifiable information (or even a photo) - do not be surprised if your opinions are lightly valued, or considered flat out lies.
[/quote]
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-20 03:21:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tradervic at 2009-11-20 03:00

... owner of the WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment), has noted about ongoing entertainment venues - there is usually a cycle of 7 or less years in which the average fan will pay attention to a ...

OK, I'll go with Mr. McMahon and say that we are almost at that 7 year mark and change is overdue.
Good Gweilo: My job is the ideological quality control

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-20 03:31:14 |Display all floors

Why do you think I keep saying...

Originally posted by wowzers at 11/19/2009 02:21 PM
OK, I'll go with Mr. McMahon and say that we are almost at that 7 year mark and change is overdue.

... not until after next year's Expo in Shanghai?
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-20 03:44:02 |Display all floors

And such being the case...

Originally posted by tradervic at 2009-11-20 03:16
... let me repeat myself - and highlight for response:

Too bad they didn't confess where they got this item from:

ht tp://w ww.baltimorechronicle.c om/ol_aug02.sh t ml

As yo ...

Why would you snarkly describe my brief, happy comment as a 'speech' and then go on to accuse me, by way of a disingenious question, of preferring copying someone else's work? There ain't no 'noise' here for anything to get lost, dude...

Like I said, you ain't that smart and I ain't that dumb...

and the issue of this thread still remains the contents of the original post...and not 'copy and paste'...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-20 03:46:29 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tradervic at 2009-11-20 03:31

... not until after next year's Expo in Shanghai?

I believe you are going to be found wrong about this.
Let's agree to disagree :)
Good Gweilo: My job is the ideological quality control

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-20 09:10:42 |Display all floors
I can not follow the endless (though brief) posts here which are arguing some unrelated point. I think Vic is upset that the orignial post did not have proper credit, not sure what else you guys are talking about but it seems like a pissing contest. Whats the point of that?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.