Author: Morgezuma

CNN: Pure Propaganda [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-11-15 12:22:30 |Display all floors
tradervic, you are pretty good defence for CNN or US profit orientation, i recommend you to gain lawer certification:):)
there are two threads that the Morgezuma's posts are given, one is that CNN published a report about a scholarship of oxford named after Neda and potentially propagandize her as ally of western value against iran's current leadship (Ahmadi Nejad  administration); another is that Morgezuma poured out his post which  disagreed with other posters was deleted by CNN forum  censors, possibly due to the complex mass media checkup procedure, i have no way to find out. however, the event turned to a different direction,  you proved he lied and had given the evidence, according to this fact you thought Morgezuma didn't deserve trust, you did find his weakness and scorn to give a ---- about his first thread.

[ Last edited by lidanlna at 2009-11-15 12:25 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-15 12:31:48 |Display all floors
Ever realized, that we have left one era and shifted to another era?

since 1945 we had been in a so-called "Cold War"

this "Cold War" is going to be replaced more and more with, what I call

"M E D I  A   W A R "

For every single Western Media service China is putting up it's own equivalent (google youtube, facebook, etc.)

The latest news was, that China will introduce a wordlwide tv-news-service simulating CNN.

We are entering an era, were one side (China) is trying to block out unwanted news services from her territory, at the same time creating her own equivalent, which will be

strictly government controlled.

We are in a   "MEDIA WAR".

It is quite natural that each side will start calling the other side a "propaganda-tool" and bias.

I think unfortunately we have to live with such accusations for the years to come, hoping it will remain on the verbal level only.

[ Last edited by harmless at 2009-11-15 12:50 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-16 21:18:38 |Display all floors

Oh were to start with this one?

Originally posted by lidanlna at 11/14/2009 11:22 PM
tradervic, you are pretty good defence for CNN or US profit orientation, i recommend you to gain lawer certification
there are two threads that the Morgezuma's posts are given, one is that CNN published a report about a scholarship of oxford named after Neda and potentially propagandize her as ally of western value against iran's current leadship (Ahmadi Nejad  administration); another is that Morgezuma poured out his post which  disagreed with other posters was deleted by CNN forum  censors, possibly due to the complex mass media checkup procedure, i have no way to find out. however, the event turned to a different direction,  you proved he lied and had given the evidence, according to this fact you thought Morgezuma didn't deserve trust, you did find his weakness and scorn to give a ---- about his first thread.

This has been less about defence of a media channel and more of a call out about talking smack and not being able to counter when said smack turns out to be whack.

To a deeper degree, there is a valid point that Morgezuma/theEyeofGod has brought during this thread - the issue of being able to speak in your own voice, without being hammered for it.  As it stands - believe it or not  - I also share the same concern, I just handle it differently.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-16 21:20:47 |Display all floors

Not really...

Originally posted by harmless at 11/14/2009 11:31 PM
Ever realized, that we have left one era and shifted to another era?

... this issue has been around since the beginning of human civilization - the ability to wield "soft power".

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-17 09:57:06 |Display all floors
TraderVic, take a look at the picture below please. Careful study will reveal a slight difference between the two pictures. Hint: one of them shows the paragragh most embarrassing to Washtington is missing. You've got 30 seconds. Goodluck!

Awaiting your credible reply.
pissing-on-propaganda2.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-17 10:27:36 |Display all floors

<shaking head> Looks like you got the London treatment...

... which I have gotten at the Daily Mail and the Guardian - selective edits, but not a total post wipe.  Much like attempts at this site to try to please everyone, but in the process pissing everyone off.  So, how many complaints you figure they got before the edits were done?  I know my cracks about hippies usually last about 6 to 12 hours - depending on who is complaining.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-17 11:57:39 |Display all floors

<shaking head>

The Daily Mail and the Guardian - request I write more often - but I am too important -

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.