Author: Morgezuma

CNN: Pure Propaganda [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-11-14 12:48:18 |Display all floors
I reposted at different times of the day in hopes of slipping past the next censor on duty. I finally succeeded. I don't mean to imply that CNN is run directly and solely by the devil himself, only that there is an EXTREME bias against any view counter to what they're selling. Most, not all of what I post on CNN gets deleted. Most, not all of the staff are agents of spin. So when I posted there story about the "New jihad code threatens al Qaeda" My posts disappeared -- it's not a matter of awaiting approval, they were posted and then later disapproved of and deleted. In this case I was pointing out that the code they called "credible" was attributed to torture victims currently held in prison and promised release if they sign an agreement under duress. If someone told tortured our solders and then said "sign this or die", we wouldn't call that credible. I got deleted repeatedly for this one.

Occasionally my efforts to repost result in my message finally sticking to the board, but by this time the story is old news. I can say what I want if I keep trying, but CNN will let a counter point of view be heard only when no one is following the story anymore.

I have posted several other times on other topics and gave up trying to get past the moderators. Only to give up in the end.

I dunno why you guys storm in with the defense of CNN/western media. Do you honestly believe it's not biased? Why do I hear tear jerking stories about Neda every two days but the media is ignoring all the maimed and murdered Iraqis and all the raped and killed elsewhere. Isn't this an obvious propaganda campaign against Iran? In history we see government spies control media spin domestically and even in foreign media outlets -- do you believe that we gave up on that? It's obvious that media-war has only intensified in modern times.

In addition to outright infiltration by spin agents, there is also the fact that the Government and the Media have the same masters whom they never speak against. Barking is allowed, but only against Master's enemies.

From Wiki regarding Manufacturing Consent:

Editorial bias: five filters
The propaganda model describes five editorially-distorting filters applied to news reportage in mass media:

1.Size, Ownership, and Profit Orientation: the business connections among the owning corporations, the identity of the controlling investors, and the personal, political, and financial affiliations of external directors.
2.The Advertising License to Do Business: the advertising-income-based news media must cater to the political prejudices and economic desires of advertisers.
3.Sourcing Mass Media News: reporters consider governmental sources as more factually reliable than private sources. “In effect, the large bureaucracies of the powerful subsidize the mass media, and gain special access, by their contribution to reducing the media’s costs of acquiring . . . and producing, news”.
4.Flak and the Enforcers: powerful, private influence groups (e.g. conservative think tanks) organize systematic replies to reporters deviating from the official corporate interpretation of facts and events.
5.Anti-Communism: since the Russo–American Cold War’s (1945–91) ending, anticommunism was transubstantiated into the contemporary War on Terror, as the current national religion and social control mechanism. See “Media Control, the Spectacular Achievements of Propaganda”[1].
spin-war.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-14 12:53:43 |Display all floors

Comments

I am not going to bother to try to find the site where Morgezuma left his comment.He says it was deleted.
Fatman claims it wasn't.Who knows.But my own experience shows that the Zionist/WASP media does not
generally print critical comments regardless of how civil they are.Some forums do not tolerate dissent of
any kind.I have once been banned after 13 posts,none of them abusive  in any way.Banned for life,no
reason given.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-14 12:55:32 |Display all floors
Originally posted by petera at 2009-11-14 12:53
I am not going to bother to try to find the site where Morgezuma left his comment.He says it was deleted.
Fatman claims it wasn't.Who knows.But my own experience shows that the Zionist/WASP media  ...

I have been banned much more than you !!!

The "crown of provocation" belongs to me !!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-14 15:50:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by petera at 2009-11-14 14:53
But my own experience shows that the Zionist/WASP media does not
generally print critical comments regardless of how civil they are. ...

Again, you and Morgezuma are proven wrong.
As Brobostigon said, and as Tradervic PROVED, Montezuma's little propaganda piece was shown in the website, proving him wrong.

Now all we need is China Daily to take a leaf from the CNN forum and stop censoring posts which are at odds with the fantasy world view of the CCP.

Originally posted by petera at 2009-11-14 14:53
Some forums do not tolerate dissent of any kind.I have once been banned after 13 posts,none of them abusive  in any way.Banned for life,no reason given. ...

Let me tell you the reason.
You spread racism and hate, you speak utter shytt, you fail to engage in proper debate,
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-14 16:29:41 |Display all floors
" you speak utter shytt, you fail to engage in proper debate"

Who is speaking this sort of personal attack? Are these the words we should use for proper debate.

I have told you my experience with CNN. Now you are calling me a liar? I started this thread because I was angry about being censored by CNN. I wanted to speak my mind and they deleted me. That left me frustrated. So I thought, "if CNN won't let me post here, I'll post it elsewhere and I'll be sure to note CNN's tight control of perception management. I have been away from China Daily BBS for a while, I was driven back here by my frustration with CNN.

As for proper debate, I didn't name-call, I didn't disrespect anyone in any way. I posed my thoughts carefully. My view could offer a counter point to all the flag wavers that find America is 100% right and everyone else is always 100% wrong.
they-make-personal-attacks.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-14 17:53:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Morgezuma at 2009-11-14 18:29
I have told you my experience with CNN.... I started this thread because I was angry about being censored by CNN.  

You mentioned that you were censored by CNN.
You quoted here what you wrote which you allege was censored by CNN.

Both Brobostigon and TraderVic follow up and check CNN and say you have not, in fact, been censored, with TraderVic both quoting from your comment and providing a screenshot of the posting which you claim CNN refused to publish.

Now you are calling me a liar?

Absolutely, and it was proven without a doubt that you are a liar.

I was angry about being censored by CNN.  

But you weren't censored by CNN as you had claimed, LIAR !

" you speak utter shytt, you fail to engage in proper debate"
Who is speaking this sort of personal attack? Are these the words we should use for proper debate.

Those remarks were directed at Petera (go back and read my post properly).
It's the only sort of language he understands, as he's pretty thick.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-14 18:13:47 |Display all floors
So when I posted there story about the "New jihad code threatens al Qaeda" My posts disappeared -- it's not a matter of awaiting approval, they were posted and then later disapproved of and deleted.

Um, your comments are still there as well:

h ttp://edition.cnn.c om/2009/WORLD/africa/11/09/libya.jihadi.code/

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.