Views: 6117|Replies: 36

CNN: Pure Propaganda [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-11-13 16:09:07 |Display all floors
CNN published an article about a Scholarship named in honor of Neda Agha-Soltan(an Iranian woman shot by unknown gunman while she was protesting against her government). CNN has made Neda a war-cry for Iran's insurgents as well as a rally point for the political and economic war currently being fought against Iran.

CNN encouraged comments from the readers. These are the comments you can see following the article:

PerryRhodan
This scholarship is excellent - it demonstrates to all the world that established and well regarded institutions like Oxford University are (to some degree) openly supporting the freedom movement in Iran. RIP, Neda. Your death was not in vain. One day you will have a memorial in Tehran, and Ahmadi Nejad [The President] will have none.

EXPEDIAfraud
Well done. Sad She died in that way.

msocean
Thanks Oxford. everything that shows how much the world hates iranian government gives support to iranian people. hope for success for green iranian movment.

CHV
Well done, Oxford. Anything that irritates or obstructs Iran's fascist leadership is good with me.

That's all. No more comments. All comments that did not agree were removed. Even polite, carefully considered posts were deleted if they did not agree. My own post was removed. My post may not be mild and comforting, and it definitely does not carry the overwhelming Washington centric bias of the articles found on CNN, but I clearly obeyed the terms of service and there is no excuse for deleting my post.

CNN censors many posts, but I only have a copy of my own:

My post:
Poor Neda is being used by politicians who never knew her. They claim she is a symbol of freedom when in fact she is a propaganda weapon. Neda is just one person, but a couple dozen died, not just one. Glorifying Neda obscures the others. Worse still is that we have killed 10,000 Nedas in Iraqi, where is the scholarship to raise awareness about them?

If we want to stop human rights abuses, we should focus on our own actions first since we and Britain are far worse offenders than Iran. Neda is just one girl, she was not killed directly by Iran, but by one side of two angry mobs. In contrast, we have DIRECTLY killed uncounted thousands of women and children who don't get any Scholarships named after them. We are hated for our hypocrisy, we earn that hatred every day.

--End Post

CNN will not let these words be seen.

Another poster says, "Well done, Oxford. Anything that irritates or obstructs Iran's fascist leadership is good with me."

If he had said, "Well done, Iran. Anything that irritates or obstructs America's fascist leadership is good with me", then he would have been censored.
Free-Silence.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-14 10:01:30 |Display all floors

Reply #1 Morgezuma's post

Your post was not deleted.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-14 10:06:18 |Display all floors

Curious...

... which article (weblink) and what online name is used there?

Nevermind - found it:

ht tp://w ww.cnn.c om/2009/WORLD/europe/11/11/iran.uk.neda/

Iran condemns Oxford University over Neda scholarship

In the Comments section...

theeyeofgod Poor Neda is being used by politicians who never knew her. They claim she is a symbol of freedom when in fact she is a propaganda weapon. Neda is just one person, but a couple dozen died, not just one. Glorifying Neda obscures the others. Worse still is that we have killed 10,000 Nedas in Iraqi, whe ...more
Poor Neda is being used by politicians who never knew her. They claim she is a symbol of freedom when in fact she is a propaganda weapon. Neda is just one person, but a couple dozen died, not just one. Glorifying Neda obscures the others. Worse still is that we have killed 10,000 Nedas in Iraqi, where is the scholarship to raise awareness about them?

If we want to stop human rights abuses, we should focus on our own actions first since we and Britain are far worse offenders than Iran. Neda is just one girl, she was not killed directly by Iran, but by one side of two angry mobs. In contrast, we have DIRECTLY killed uncounted thousands of women and children who don't get any Scholarships named after them. We are hated for our hypocrisy, we earn that hatred every day. less

[ Last edited by tradervic at 2009-11-13 09:12 PM ]
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-14 10:15:44 |Display all floors

Screenshot of the Response...

... and possible photo of Wassim as the "Eye of God"?
postedresponseatcnn.jpg

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-14 10:16:52 |Display all floors

Mugshot of the Response...

... and the responder in the pipe - pending Mod approval.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-14 10:46:16 |Display all floors
Morgezuma

Why you are telling lies here.

The comments are easy accessible and readable on CNN's web site.

Another failed attempt to accuse the West of censorship.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-14 10:52:19 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.