Author: tamson

What is your expectation of Obama's visit to China? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-11-17 13:48:22 |Display all floors
The economic base determines the superstructure.
First, Obama would try to make agreement with China in the questions of withstanding the global financial crisis.
Second, Obama wants make Chinese Leaders feel confident about the safety of the Dollar-denominated assets  that China holds.
Third, Obama wants to strength the relationship with China in sustainable development .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-17 14:32:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by FreeHawaii at 2009-11-16 19:13

I didn't bother watching the whole thing. Did you expect Obama to say anything significant in these settings? Mostly small talk. Overall, I thought the Chinese media had pretty good coverage of ...

I must have watched a different meeting...... he said some very significant things. I did have the advantage of seeing it live here in the U.S. though.

I had read that it was only carried on local Shanghai and two web casts..... no national news broadcast. Perhaps this is good coverage though.....was the Olympics covered in national news?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-17 14:47:57 |Display all floors

The trip is already a success.

From the students in Shanghai (Who got to see him) to the man on the street, lots of Chinese people have a favorable opinion of the President of the United States.

And that means they want their leaders to act on that impression and work with him.
How that all shapes up in the end we shall see. (It can take years to see some things started now, finally realized)

But clearly the success is seeing a closer bond between the Chinese and the Yanks.
And we have seen that here.

[ Last edited by wowzers at 2009-11-17 02:54 PM ]
Good Gweilo: My job is the ideological quality control

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-11-17 14:53:49 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wowzers at 2009-11-17 15:47
The trip is already a success.
From the students in Shanghai (Who got to see him) to the man on the street, lots of Chinese people have a favorable opinion of the President of the United States.

You're probably right. Time will tell.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-17 15:16:09 |Display all floors
just listen to the chinese elders and make friend with north korea.
ASIA UNIFICATION

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-17 15:39:05 |Display all floors
from Obama horsey mouth,

he already said he knows nothing much about China

& her culture

he must ask his step brother for more info
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-17 15:54:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by caringhk at 2009-11-16 11:39 PM
from Obama horsey mouth,

he already said he knows nothing much about China

& her culture

he must ask his step brother for more info

they dont know a nil about north korea.  but they still periodically used military exercises to scare north korea into a cultural revolution type of dire situation.
ASIA UNIFICATION

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.