Author: canada_man

Relationships With Robot Girls Will Be Better For Men. [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2009-11-21 07:15:45 |Display all floors
Originally posted by canada_man at 2009-10-30 17:18
I am discussing an upcoming convergence between robot and human culture based on research by Netherlands student David Levy, who completed his PhD on the subject of human-robot ...

For an enorous amount of men who care only about sex ,the ones who have no feelings and emotions ,I do agree.Better find a robot and leave the real girls in peace.They are useless to them.Robots suit robots.
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-21 15:51:48 |Display all floors
very good ideas

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-21 23:33:18 |Display all floors
if robot then can anytime poke lah. but not real so no shiok.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2009-11-21 23:45:23 |Display all floors

Fantastic

Originally posted by canada_man at 2009-10-30 17:18
I am discussing an upcoming convergence between robot and human culture based on research by Netherlands student David Levy, who completed his PhD on the subject of human-robot ...

If they do what they are told more than Wives do. Please let me know where to order one.
kuai li
Xie xie ni

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-22 09:12:12 |Display all floors
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  If one was to fall in love with an android – so be it.  Let’s not forget that androids of this ilk may bring a lot of pleasure to a lot of people...   Imagine a wife that never argues with you – bliss.  The powers that be may indeed replace females altogether.  Conception may well be confined to the test tube and we as homo sapiens be left to do as we please when it comes to sex.  And if that were to be the case – I’m certain that many would sooner settle for an android female than a natural one.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-22 14:39:24 |Display all floors
i think those people who wanna marry a female robot are definitely those who don't wanna bear any responsibility, i remember that there is a saying , you'd better put a pure white wedding dress on her before make her naked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-22 23:12:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by markwu at 2009-11-21 06:43

If such a relationship is attempted with a machine, it will all be fake. Because the person will know the machine has been programmed by another human to behave like that.  And because the machine is defined by a set of programs written by another human being, the whole notion of naturalness and uniqueness is not there. It then cannot be a relationship in the normal mode;  it becomes a routine with many subroutines.

Women are programmed by humans also. We are all programmed by our relationships and environment. Some of our behavior is determed by a somewhat random set of predispositions laid down in each person's unique DNA. This could be replicated. Early model artificial girls may attempt to achieve a flawless perfection from our wild dreams, but that will be a mistake. Later models will be less perfect, more like the flawed girls we know, and more rewarding because of that. So if a robot closer to human is the best type, doesn't that mean that a human is best of all? Not necessarily.

There are several advantages the robot can have that a woman will never have. Some of those advantages are listed in the original post, but there are more.

When man first met dog, dog was a wolf. When man first met woman, she was also a monster. Why not make improvements on the real thing? Bio-engineering could turn an organic girl into a veritable robot made of living tisues. She could have a brain that men would consider improved, and of course her body could be a perfect genetic fit for every man's individual dream.

The greatest challenge is to establish ownership. Organic or mechanical, one of the greatest values of the artifical girl is that she absolutely belongs to us. If laws apply to her then she is partially under the authority of the community and so she's not truly ours.

It seems there is a moral issue here. All groups like to exert authority over individuals. Families do this, governments and other do too. Groups can assert control over the what the individual would like to consider his own. Families might refuse their daughter's desire to marry her love, Governments do this too. In some areas of the US dogs have been ruled to be a part of the family, not a possession. In those areas there are no dog owners, only dog guardians. That's right, you can't own a dog there, you can only be it's caretaker. So then it's possible to consider such legislation being exerted over your robotic lover. As with governments, families might also interfere with the freedoms of the individual to establish meaningful relations with an artificial person.

As in all things, it's the powerful that can do as they please. I expect that the rich can do whatever they please in their spacious estates. A harem of exquisite artificial angels would likely be a collected by those who could afford it.

Blade Runner is a good movie to review, another is Cherrie 2000. Blade Runner is great, but I prefer Cherrie 2000, perhaps because it's flawed.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.