Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-10-30 11:40:22 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-10-30 12:35:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by huang262 at 2009-10-30 12:38

Felt? How do you measure love?

Love is an expression of emotion and can't be measured.

There is a limit to the knowledge science is able to produce. Science is a methodology. Science has a boundary. The people who believe science is all encompassing have turned it into a religion.

Actually science has no boundaries but there are temporary limits of our understanding or knowledge. With technological progress our knowledge and understanding widens and we reach a new step. This will continue as long as humans exist.

A scientific theory is the explanation at the present moment that best fits the data. It stands until a better explanation comes along. So science is also dealing with probabilities. What you believe in is then a choice.

That's correct. What I believe is the present situation. Since there is nothing better available I take what's on the market, so to speak.

If it is a choice, it is extremely arrogant to say that believe in God is not based on reason. In fact, I would consider it an insult. I have never said that atheism is not based on reason. You have your reasons and I have mine.

Not more arrogant than implying that god exists. So what you say is that we both have a different view and want to believe what cannot be proven?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-10-30 12:40:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2009-10-28 17:30

And even if Utah, Usania, is a "lot more religious"than New York State is - none of them is known to be sinophobic.

There goes Timber's ridiculous little bias.

Just look at the US ambassador.  He is from Utah and is so Sinophobic he adopted a Chinese daughter and went to the trouble to learn to read and write mandarin, Something Timbatu claims only 1 in 100,000,000 Americans are capable of.

He is only capable of lies.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-10-30 16:26:25 |Display all floors

Everyone for oneself

Believing in God is comforting to me; may not be so for many people. Why make issue out of this.
BUT BEING REASONABLE THAN RELIGIOUS ALSO MAKES SENSE.
We see many parts of world fighting over caste, color, religion, nationality etc; at least most parts (I repeat MOST PARTS) of China are without these evils.
This is one of reasons for less disturbances and more growth in China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-10-30 16:32:46 |Display all floors
I'm an Atheist but my view is, if someone wants to believe in a religion that is their choice. As long as it doesn't harm me or others, I don't have a problem with it.
Defender of sanity.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-10-31 18:24:57 |Display all floors
I believe in a creator but all religions are devisive-each one thinks that THEIR version is the truth and everyone else is wrong which inevitably leads to conflict.

They are and always have been about controlling and manipulating the masses, the sooner the world rids itself of this preposterous garbage the better.

I can understand agnosticism but atheists-they have no more proof for the non-existence of God than believers have FOR his existence so it would always seem to me to be wise to err on the side of caution.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.