Author: antimatter

***Chinese J-10 & J11B jets production stopped due to lack of engines.*** [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-12-1 14:35:19 |Display all floors

Reply #23 greendragon's post

To be honest, I know nothing of the mini rocket launch but I do know that there is a company back home that makes them (mini rockets) and other mini UAVs etc. We're a pretty innovative bunch down there!
Solid fule does add power yes, but it is more of the ability to turn the kepy to launch that is it's main attraction/benefit. If anyone launched on China with the old liquid fuelled ICBMs, they'd be wiped out before they could be used essentially. This is no longer the case with regards to Chinas land based deterrent.

[ Last edited by exportedkiwi at 2009-12-1 02:42 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-1 14:38:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2009-12-1 14:35
To be honest, I know nothing of the mini rocket launch but I do know that there is a company back home that makes them (mini rockets) and other mini UAVs etc.
Solid fule does add power yes, but i ...

solid fuel rockets also have lower maintenance costs which means you can have more of them on a given budget.  

Does China have MIRV warheads or did the russians keep that to themselves after they stole the secrets from the US?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-1 14:46:12 |Display all floors

Reply #25 Exergy's post

Yep solid fuels are less corrosive than liquid type fuels so there's a definite benefit in cost vs deployment levels.

I believe they have MARV technology and are looking at fitting it to the SLBMs as well as next generation ICBMs. MIRV technology is pretty old now so there's no reason to believe China doesn't have them given their great strides in technology of late.

[ Last edited by exportedkiwi at 2009-12-1 02:47 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-12-1 14:46:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Exergy at 2009-12-1 15:38

Does China have MIRV warheads or did the russians keep that to themselves after they stole the secrets from the US?

What a question.   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-1 14:48:15 |Display all floors

Reply #27 satsu_jin's post

It's a valid question though if one doesn't know the answer.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-12-1 15:05:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2009-12-1 15:48
It's a valid question though if one doesn't know the answer.

I hope nobody is looking for answers over here.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-1 15:09:24 |Display all floors
China's J series and India's Tejas would make the next generation Asian fighters :)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.