Author: fijiboot

Britain's fading Empire; Rising China? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-11-13 05:36:54 |Display all floors
"The British should quit Argentianians honourably."
I suggest you look into the history. Argentina's claim is VERY weak when compared to Britain's. Their entire claim is based on proximity and, by that same argument, Britain could then rightfully claim Ireland. Historically Argentina has a tiny period where it could possibly claim to have owned the islands but even then it was owned by Brits before that so that claim fails too. I suggest Argentina drop the subject honourably. They are the aggressors in this situation, not Britain.
Defender of sanity.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-29 11:21:30 |Display all floors
I can't do anything due to lack of resources.Is that because I'm in starting levels or I don't take the correct building strategy?
http://www.mmohunter.com/empire-rising.html

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-29 20:00:57 |Display all floors
Fookchew Post time: 2009-10-18 11:04
Btw, since when do I need you to advise how to drink wine, buddy? How I drink my wine is none of you ...

Come to think about it the native Americans should kick the Argentinians out of Argentina. What the bloody heck are they doing there!?

Argentina was part of an empire if you recall? It brutally suppressed the natives in order to become the nation it is today if you recall? Its claim over the formerly uninhabited Falkland islands is debatable - and we might be having the debate now if they hadn't tried to invade it...

So we have few silly arguments to give the Argentine claim legitimacy...

1) Historical legitimacy..? Well the French have as much a claim as the Brits or the Argentines in that regard. Why should one former colony feel it has the right to determine the fate of another former colony simply because its bigger?
2) Location vs size? Hmm well Brazil is bigger then Argentina and really rather close - perhaps Brazil should claim Argentina ? The US could claim Mexico? The French Britain? The Canadians should probably have Alaska - or maybe the Russians could take Alaska then annex Canada, assuming the Chinese don't annex Russia, Alaska, then Canada? Hell Turkey could even have the Greeks back it would save the EU! I understand the Argentinean have invaded islands belonging to Chile in the past too. Seems like they are the new local imperialists.
3) Self determination - yea I know the Brits have been hypocrites re: Diego Garcia but two wrongs wont make a right and frankly the islanders don't want to be Argentinian. The Argentinians are colonists and so are the islanders.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-29 20:05:38 |Display all floors
totothedog Post time: 2009-10-21 23:30
They used to bray that the "Sun never set" on lands they infested.

Yet a recent article on China's  ...

That might be because we currently don't have any?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.