Views: 4500|Replies: 5

how to thik in English ?? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-10-10 11:21:52 |Display all floors
I am not good at  interpretation,because my oral English is not so good ,I think .

When I worked in the office ,except for the necessary job I must do (translate the technical documents from English to Chinese ),I would like to make full use of time practising my oral English ,although in the office ,I can not speak loudly ,I can just practise how to thik in English .So I find this web site to participate in the subjects that I'm interested in.  The biggest impediment of oral English is not how to say ,but how to think in English .It's so difficult for me .

I can read passages well ,and also can write a good composition especially during the examination.Maybe you will say that that's not the problem of how to thik in English because writing composition also needs thinking .While ,why ?? What's critical indeed ??

I just think that writing is one thing and speak is another thing ?Am I right ?
Because when writing ,you have enough time to thik ,while speaking ,not !! you must think the questions or the contents from  others as rapidly as you can ,because no one will allow you to think for one day to make an outline  for an answer .That's impossible,funny and fantastic .

Thus ,I suddenly unstander that my problem is not "how to think in English ",but "how to think in English rapidly and accuratelyl".That's the point !!

So my title shoud be changed ,but for the limitation of the time ...

I don't think that my pronunciation is bad ,although not very good .So I believe that I can improve my ability  through this way .

Maybe I can answer the subjects in limited time or others .

SO ,HERE ,I really hope that all of you can help me ,"talk" with me ,if possible ,you can give me some good advices ,I will be very glad then .

WELCOME !!:)

[ Last edited by kongchao927 at 2009-10-10 11:27 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-10-10 15:36:50 |Display all floors
as the same pain in my neck
i really hope that i can speak english fluently
but when i want express what i want to say
i have no ideal about it
i cant read passages yet,but oral english is bad
i hope you can help me or give me some useful tips

really appreciate。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-10-10 16:29:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by liu87913 at 2009-10-10 15:36
as the same pain in my neck
i really hope that i can speak english fluently
but when i want express what i want to say
i have no ideal about it
i cant read passages yet,but oral english is ba ...

you want to speak good spoken english , then why not speak "thank " instead of "appreciate"?   
one of the problems is  when you are speaking , always trying to speak big words ,   use small words and you speak fluently .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-10-10 21:31:38 |Display all floors
Every language that has lots of exceptions makes it difficult for non-native speakers to learn.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-10-11 01:01:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by agent 9 at 2009-10-10 01:29

you want to speak good spoken english , then why not speak "thank " instead of "appreciate"?   
one of the problems is  when you are speaking , always trying to speak big ...

I'd beg to differ. If you shy away from larger words you're limiting yourself to meaningless conversation.
Also, if you already know thank and appreciate can be interchanged to a degree, why not use appreciate? Don't limit yourself.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-10-14 20:15:34 |Display all floors
Meaningless conversation can be good. We can talk about the weather, or sport. :)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.