Author: machirajus

China Vs India [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-10-12 09:14:49 |Display all floors

Reply #16 ragerancher's post

Anyone who believe the west wants conflict between China and India is deluding themselves.

I do not doubt your sincerity, and I agree that generally most in the West are not warmongers, and most do not wish to see India and China going to war.

But...but...but....

I can't be sure for some neo-cons who are behind the policy to encircle China from the West and South.  i.e. Afghanistan, India, Myanmar...
Not to mention from the East.

As for democracy in China, first learn to accept the possibility of non-Western democracy, to accept gradual evolution, and to accept there are more pressing developmental priorities.  

Then you will come across to the Chinese more like a reasonable Westerner.

Too many Western democracies have failed in the developing world.  It is not very attractive.  Even you talk about India - it is now having a massive insurgency problem and many secessionist movements, on top of religious tensions and caste rivalries and massive corruption.

I rather that China focuses on lifting up another 200 million people from poverty, spread wealth more equally and to the minorities, develop the inland and Western regions, curb corruption and pollution, improve universal education and heath care, etc, improve the rule of law and strengthen all government institutions and enhance its capability of governance  

Democracy is good but not really that important and urgent.  

And international surveys have shown that Chinese people are happy with their government and political system.

[ Last edited by matthew5_3 at 2009-10-12 10:22 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-10-12 09:29:03 |Display all floors

Reply #17 liuyedao's post

Kishore Mahbubani - one of my favourite writers with great insight about the workings of the world.  I highly recommend his writings.  BTW he is a Singaporean of Indian descent, and Singapore has 75% Chinese population and about 7% Indians.  The Indians are doing very well professionally (especially in legal field) and in business.  

[ Last edited by matthew5_3 at 2009-10-12 09:30 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-10-12 09:38:17 |Display all floors

Undemocratic world order built by the West

Westerners fear that the undemocratic world order built to sustain their domination will be overthrown by it.

When will there be the awakening that that the world order built by the West is UNDEMOCRATIC?  - for all those who talk so much about democracy!  Surely they do not see the need and urgency and even the desirability to reform the world order into a democracy. They will definitely prefer voting by the number of greenback dollars and nuclear bombs than by number of people.

Give me a "democratic" vote if you agree with me!

[ Last edited by matthew5_3 at 2009-10-12 10:20 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-10-12 10:09:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by matthew5_3 at 2009-10-12 09:14

I do not doubt your sincerity, and I agree that generally most in the West are not warmongers, and most do not wish to see India and China going to war.

But...but...but.. ...

good article!
I believe i can fly,I believe i can touch the sky!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-10-12 10:19:10 |Display all floors

Reply #15 Dragon1949's post

He definitely reads and understands Chinese.  I have "engaged" him before elsewhere.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-10-12 13:00:05 |Display all floors
I find it interesting that liuyedao, gets away with accusing the "west" as being evil warmongers that love violence while he has a moderately disturbing avatar of a sharp knife.

On the other hand the object of his rage uses a loveable cartoon squirrel---ragerancher

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-10-12 14:45:09 |Display all floors

Reply #37 seneca's post

Yeah rite!

How strange that fella!
Chinese people can think, so can Europeans.

The old trouble is the TYRANTs,
They have ideas of IDEOLOGY of monolithism and obedience of the people to the tyrant!

that's about it.

Such an idiotic title for a book......i didn't even read it!

Only a person living in a tyranical state with crazy ideologies would have such a problem!

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.