Author: Aleh1811

Luxury items as a display of inferiority complex [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-10-12 08:18:20 |Display all floors
yes huang262 the "nouveaux riches", another good word is "bourgeois", in fact, bourgois is a pejorative word because it define peoples without taste...
I think we should not laugh about these peoples, because their bad tadte show that they have an identity/respect  problem wich show how our society is sick.
The first time i cam to china, I noticed these young girls with LV bag, I was surprised, because in my country, o ly very rich peoples buy such item. Also, its a social class problem, even if a low social level people get enough money, he wont buy a LV bag. In China, it show  a culture of "apparence", people try to appear like VIP...it reflect how peoples are treated less than nothing in our modern "civilized" society, make us need such void 'protection' to be respected ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-10-13 06:57:57 |Display all floors
In America it's called "ghetto fabulous".

People living in run-down housing, dripping in gold chains.

Because of easy credit,  people can get this stuff.

There are a lot of knock-off LV bags here, too.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-10-13 07:42:19 |Display all floors

Rolls

Originally posted by Aleh1811 at 2009-9-28 03:08
I don't know if this happens in other places. But often where i live it's the poorest people that wear the most conspicuous dazzling luxury items and known brand expensive clothes.

People who ca ...

Do they also drive Cadillacs and Rolls Royces ? Ever seen a Congolese slum dweller in a Lamborghini ?
And when can we have a post from you that has some worth ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-10-13 08:10:15 |Display all floors
I don't think Aleh was talking about the Congo, he was referring to his country Argentina.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-10-13 11:15:49 |Display all floors
Originally posted by petera at 2009-10-13 07:42

Do they also drive Cadillacs and Rolls Royces ? Ever seen a Congolese slum dweller in a Lamborghini ?
And when can we have a post from you that has some worth ?

Says the person who spends half his time raving about 9/11. Sorry my friend, i just don't take enough meds to make the kind of post you would consider worthy.

[ Last edited by Aleh1811 at 2009-10-13 11:20 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.