Views: 9103|Replies: 25

Luxury items as a display of inferiority complex [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-9-28 03:08:49 |Display all floors
I don't know if this happens in other places. But often where i live it's the poorest people that wear the most conspicuous dazzling luxury items and known brand expensive clothes.

People who can afford them would seldom pick them and prefer something more personal and distinctive.

Which makes me feel this items act as a compensator.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-9-28 10:30:52 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-9-28 10:41:18 |Display all floors
"Luxury items as a display of inferiority complex"
Right, but I don't think many poorest people can afford luxurious items. Mostly newly-riched class buy that.
It's like psychologic compensation or swing.
Or they think those luxurious items are kind of investment.
Vision without action is illusion---Y.J.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-10-10 09:46:03 |Display all floors

呵呵

partially, I don't  agree .

maybe such kind of people as what you have side do exist .however ,it is just a small part . They are poor so that they nearly have no money to support their life and how to pay for the luxury items ?

Many kinds of people exist in the world .Among them there are such group who do not like to let other s  know that they are poor and try their best to conceal the poorness ,but in fact ,they are poor.Maybe

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-10-10 09:58:27 |Display all floors

呵呵

maybe such kind of people as what you have side do exist .however ,it is just a small part . They are poor so that they nearly have no money to support their life and how to pay for the luxury items ? and it is possible that the nicely -looked dresses are presented by others .

Many kinds of people exist in the world .Among them there are such group who do not like to let others  know that they are poor and try their best to conceal the poorness. So they begin to buy some brand expensive clothes so that no one can extinguish them externally .  Maybe this is so called "inferiority complex ". In deed ,I  really don't understand the meaning of the word .

Instead ,not all the people wearing brand clothes are poor people and not all the richers dress poorly .Your opinion is a little uniliteral .

That's all

Thank you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-10-10 09:59:59 |Display all floors

maybe such kind of people as what you have side do exist .however ,it is just a small part . They are poor so that they nearly have no money to support their life and how to pay for the luxury items ? and it is possible that the nicely -looked dresses are presented by others .

Many kinds of people exist in the world .Among them there are such group who do not like to let others  know that they are poor and try their best to conceal the poorness. So they begin to buy some brand expensive clothes so that no one can extinguish them externally .  Maybe this is so called "inferiority complex ". In deed ,I  really don't understand the meaning of the word .

Instead ,not all the people wearing brand clothes are poor people and not all the richers dress poorly .Your opinion is a little uniliteral .

That's all

Thank you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-10-10 10:00:13 |Display all floors

What my neighbor has.....

I want it!

And thus the world keeps on with this consuming spree. I had this experience a few weeks back while visitng friends in Zhejiang.

They took me to a used car market in the town of Luqiao. There the cars displayed seem to be brand new, but they aren't. Suprisingly the latest models also in display.

I even found a gorgeous MGF Roadster there. So new! I ask the sales man about it, he said "it belonged to the wife of a factory boss but she got bored of it after a few months ebcause she could only carry one friend at a time in it" (it's a 2 seater!) So she was selling the beauty that was just 8 months old for less than half the purchasing price.

I have a good friend who has a weird but maybe practical theory, it goes like this; before spending the money in an expensive brand item, try to rent it for a few days. If after that time you still like it, then buy it.

[ Last edited by longzhou at 2009-10-10 11:37 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.