Author: shoafeng

love is making me unhappy [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2009-9-21 05:58:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lostsheep at 2009-9-20 15:47

I am sorry that my metaphor likening the process of winning a person's love to a battle is interpreted the way you did, which is not really what I had in mind when I made that observation. Perh ...

Why somebody should use tricks to bring his lover closer.?What isyour lover?An animal in the circus?

I hope in reality you are not like the person you describe here ,if I am not mistaken you are the one who was waititng so patiently to do shopping in London at Christmas.I am sorry if I became a little blunt biut your description was really annoying to me.I can not believe that a guy can think like that.
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-9-21 08:29:18 |Display all floors
If you have enough time and money just follow your feeling.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-9-21 09:35:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by xilaren at 2009-9-21 05:50

Love is a battle where to win you have to learn some tricks.
I think you were quite clear .How elease can somebody interprete this phrase.It does not leave space for any doubts.
You are not ...

It's not so much about capacity of understanding as about outlook on love or human nature. And the metaphor of love as a battle is by no means new either; I was just repeating an ages-old insight into the man-woman relationship, and to the insight I do agree.

Most relationships, if not all, essentially, are about Give and Take. Love is about two persons who have things or qualities of equivalent value, according to their respective values, who meet together. You take from her something that you value such as her look, gentleness, and voice and in exchange you give her something that she equally values such as access to a comfortable living, a superb love life and a lot of fun, among others, including of course what you may term stuff about the heart. I think you won't deny there is economics at work behind all human behaviors. There are many factors you have to balance, and the scale does not always tilt toward those intangible qualities. Love is neither noble nor vulgar. It is neutral. You feel lonely without love just as you feel hungry without food. Both needs are of the same nature and of the same meaning, if they have any meaning of all.

I am more a nihilist and existentialist rather than a moralist, even less a christian. I am free from the "I am holier than thou" attitude. I am neither moral nor immoral; I am amoral.
large_c1gc_72639i241023.jpg

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2009-9-21 15:47:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lostsheep at 2009-9-21 09:35

It's not so much about capacity of understanding as about outlook on love or human nature. And the metaphor of love as a battle is by no means new either; I was just repeating an ages-old insig ...

I agree with all the above you mention which have nothing to do with a battle ,with tricks and with winning or losing.Instead of the word battle I would choose another term to describe love ,like 'deposit of soul'
Does this mean weakness ,or defeat ?Of course not.On the contrary it means strength ,and bravery.
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.