Views: 26715|Replies: 136

Architect of "Bird's Nest" undergoes emergency brain surgery [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-9-17 22:33:41 |Display all floors
A i  W e i w e i , the Chinese artist, architect and activist behind Beijings "Birds Nest" Olympic stadium had emergency brain surgery in Munich on Monday night for injuries sustained in a beating by the authorities.

h t t p : / / u.nu/98893

[ Last edited by sisko77 at 2009-9-17 04:35 PM ]
Minds are like parachutes: they only function when they're open.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-9-17 22:46:53 |Display all floors
Hope all goes well- respect is due to him and others who risk their lives doing what they think is right.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-9-17 22:56:07 |Display all floors
On August 12, Ai travelled to Sichuan's capital, Chengdu, to follow the trial of his fellow investigator and activist Tan Zuoren, who was charged with subversion. He told the Sueddeutche Zeitung by telephone from his hospital bed that police came to his hotel and hit him on the head.

Since then, he has suffered from headaches and has been unable to concentrate, he told the newspaper in its Wednesday edition. The pain worsened while he was on a trip to Germany and doctors advised him to have emergency surgery, he said.

Two holes were drilled into his head to reduce the pressure on his brain, he said. "The operation went smoothly," Ai wrote on Twitter. "I am doing well.

-earthtimes.org

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-9-18 16:01:45 |Display all floors

He is very provocative

The police might have beaten him up.  But he probably has provoked a fight.  He despises authority, I find him very aggressive and provocative even in his writings, and in his phone conversation with a PSB head published in his blog.

And his brain surgery - he may be having a stroke

[ Last edited by matthew5_3 at 2009-9-18 05:32 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-9-18 16:21:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by baofeng at 2009-9-17 22:56
On August 12, Ai travelled to Sichuan's capital, Chengdu, to follow the trial of his fellow investigator and activist Tan Zuoren, who was charged with subversion. He told the Sueddeutche Zeitung ...

i think this is like WeeGURS HATE Rumours mongerings
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-9-18 18:34:50 |Display all floors
You think the police beating him up was in accordance with 'the Law'?  As for his 'humbling' lesson, so far that lesson seems to be: no matter how rich and famous you are, the police will still feel they can do whatever they like to you.  For people who are brave enough, that lesson could motivate them to keep trying.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-9-18 23:52:11 |Display all floors

Reply #11 Kbay's post

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.