Author: happysherry

Trip to Japan [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-9-14 15:10:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by happysherry at 2009-9-14 13:01

OK, your main destination seems to be the Kansai region (Western Japan).

Sites to see in Kyoto :     Sanju-san gen-do  (famous Buddhist Temple)  三十三間堂. It is also known as Rengeo-in 蓮華王院

Kyomizu Dera   清水寺    Buddhist Temple, beautifully located on the slope of a hill and overlooking Kyoto.

Kinkaku Ji  金閣寺    Golden Pavillion, located in a beautiful garden environment

Heian Jingu      平安神宮       The shrine is dedicated to Emperor Kanmu and Emperor Kōmei and is the largest                                                                                              Shinto shrine in Kyoto.

A visit to Gion   祇園         quarter is recommendable. This district is famous for its Maiko or Geisha apprentices.

These are just four impressive sights. Kyoto has more than 2,000 temples and shrines but a.m. four are already a full day schedule.

While being in Western Japan I also recommend you to visit the old capital city of Nara     奈良市 (approx. 90 minutes by train from Kyoto).  Most famous site is the Todai Ji   東大寺.  This temple is famous for its  大仏殿  (Great Buddha Hall) . It's the world's largest wooden building with a giant Buddha statue.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-9-14 15:57:56 |Display all floors
Here are a few images
Heian Jingu.jpg
Nara-Shi   Todai-Ji.jpg
kinkakuji.jpg
Sanjusangen Do.jpg
Kiyomizu Dera.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-9-14 16:06:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2009-9-14 15:57
Here are a few images

wow, this pics are really fabulous and thanks for share your opinion
w/ me. By the way, what's the best season for me to go there?
any tips for traveling to JP?

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-9-14 16:23:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by happysherry at 2009-9-14 17:06

Japan is a country of excessive rain. Rain, forests and moss are everywhere. There is never a sunshine only guarantee. Best season to travel is autumn when the leaves turn into dark red and golden colors. This would be from middle of October til mid November. If you want to see a lot of sunshine better travel in January or February (not much rain but sometimes snow, especially in Western Japan -- and it gets very cold). Summer is hot, humid and at times too wet .  I don't like summer. Spring is a beautiful season for watching cherry blossoms but if it rains a lot and if it's too windy all the blossoms are gone within a week. Spring weather is difficult to predict.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-9-14 16:41:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2009-9-14 16:23

Japan is a country of excessive rain. Rain, forests and moss are everywhere. There is never a sunshine only guarantee. Best season to travel is autumn when the leaves turn into dark red and g ...

Thanks for your specific introduction and I will make a plan later. The words " 枫红前线"I mentioned is just you said the best season to travel in autumn. I also
would like to go to Disneyland, it will be fun there, hoho~~~

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.