Author: languagetips

翻译小D机器人意见反馈区 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-8-15 22:46:42 |Display all floors

Brief about the three indispensable elements to be a professional translator

The dream to be a professional translator has been in my mind since the day I selected English as my major.
I strongly believe that translation is not simply a tool to express the meaning word by word, but it is a necessary bridge to connect the different languages and cultures. While, it is not  a day job to be a professional translator, which need the persist learning, improvement. As per my translation experience, I think there are three key points to be an outstanding translator as following:
a. the meticulous working style: translation is a job which need you be patient and detail-oriented enough;
b. the solid language knowledge: it needs you to express the meaning from one language to another with very native way, not just simply word by word. Translation should be done under the consideration of the different cultures so as to transfer the exact meaning for the different cultures;
c. the life-time learning habit: there is no limit for translation, it is necessary to keep learning in your whole life, otherwise, you will be lag behind with the time goes by.

The three points as above are the most essential elements to be a good translator in my eyes.
Keeping learning, keeping improvement, keep your life being alive.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-16 13:14:56 |Display all floors
有QQ号就好了
aa.gif

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-16 23:13:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lucinda2009 at 2009-8-15 22:46
The dream to be a professional translator has been in my mind since the day I selected English as my major.
I strongly believe that translation is not simply a tool to express the meaning word by ...

you're saying the golden point, i think that's what the translation machine lack of.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-18 09:26:58 |Display all floors

What can we do when MSN is not connectable?

MSN is in trouble these days. So as 小D. Anybody has any idea?

Use magic tools Report

meggie has been deleted
Post time 2009-8-18 10:58:19 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

meggie has been deleted
Post time 2009-8-18 11:01:58 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-18 13:10:06 |Display all floors
::

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.