Views: 18763|Replies: 40

Are you controled by your parents [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-8-24 21:59:50 |Display all floors
I am already  a 21-year-old college girl. But my parents always control me. I have to obey themwhen i am with them . When on vacation, i was only allowed to travel with them, because they want to protect me from all the harm around the world. They even force me to sleep early and get up early because they are afraid i will suffer from insomnia when i get old. They keep telling me when to brush teeth and even buy me the clothes they think they are fit for me.     Is it only me who suffer these or it is very normal of every parent?     I obey them because i love them so much and dont want to hurt their feelings.     I hearded that the parents in western counries never force their kids do anything, is it?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-24 22:06:38 |Display all floors
    i have to go to bed right now  and must get up at 8  tomorrow

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-25 00:59:06 |Display all floors
I'm a little older than you.

I too have strict parents but maybe not as strict as yours.

Children like you are so rare and it's a treasure

My parents are against me travelling alone overseas. I am not allowed to go out with my guy friends. In fact they don't want me to have boyfriend. Maybe soon they will but I'm too bored to have bf.

But I'm thankful really that I've not strayed.

You'll be proud of yourself too when you see how far some have strayed.

I'm thankful to my parents

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-25 03:48:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by irenevande at 2009-8-24 21:59
I am already  a 21-year-old college girl. But my parents always control me. I have to obey themwhen i am with them . When on vacation, i was only allowed to travel with them, because they want to p ...

Do you think your parents would behave like that forever?

Things are changing fast

Before you know it

You would be flying like a sparrow

And singing your own songs!        :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-25 09:33:47 |Display all floors
before  I have a job,my parents often tell me that "you should do something like that ""you shouldn't say the word in this way "

now, I am working in a company.Everthing changed ,because I can do everything if I like,I'm not a child although they used to trate me like a child,when I get home,they would phone to me and ask what do I want to eat .However,they won't cntrol my pivate time.

They treat you as a child,because they want to look after you .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-25 09:43:30 |Display all floors
U are the so-called after 80' generation .
it's normal that u parents see u as the apple of their eyes
but they control as u said is abnormal ,tooooooooooo strict !
are U the only child in ur family ?
if so ,it's still understandable .
maybe they  have not realized u have grown up ,they regard u as  just a little girl
maybe they just think u are far too be independent,if so ,grow up .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-25 10:05:31 |Display all floors
When was a student my parents also ask me to do somethings that they think beneficial to the study but I didn't follow them.And now when I'm a worker they try to persuade me to find a goog gril and get marry,I also don't follow because I think I was too young to get marry.I'm afraid to make telephone to them.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.