Views: 9903|Replies: 50

SOS:should I study French? Thanks and Merci! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-8-24 16:36:59 |Display all floors
I have not been here for a while and a lot of things happened. And that's a long story.
Now French is preferred if not required on my current job, but studying a foreign language means a lot of time and money. I want to know if french is worth learning for job career's sake ,thanks!
P.S. I am now in Suzhou, is there anytone who can speak french and willing to do language exchange with me. I am native Chinese and can speak English. My MSN:wanzheli@sina.com
The Sun rises every day from the East !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-24 16:42:17 |Display all floors
Spanish would be better but French wouldnt hurt...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-24 16:45:05 |Display all floors
Try contacting the Alliance Francaise de Shanghai- just google for their address and contact details.

I've posted them, but they're in the CD filter.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-24 16:50:32 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Exergy at 2009-8-24 16:42
Spanish would be better but French wouldnt hurt...

Is French widely spoken on the Europe mainland?
I wish to know if French will help me get more job opportunities in China.
Spanish is widely used in South America,but for my current job it's useless.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-24 16:52:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by stoolman at 2009-8-24 16:45
Try contacting the Alliance Francaise de Shanghai- just google for their address and contact details.

I've posted them, but they're in the CD filter.

Thanks ,but the key issue is not who can teach me: I am going to learn this language all by myself!
Before trying to join a french class, I need to figure out if the language is very useful !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-24 16:55:55 |Display all floors
French is only useful if you're going to live or study in France, and if you're working for a French-Chinese joint venture.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-24 16:56:29 |Display all floors

I would ask you a question....

Originally posted by wanzheli at 2009-8-24 16:52

Thanks ,but the key issue is not who can teach me: I am going to learn this language all by myself!
Before trying to join a french class, I need to figure out if the language is very useful !

Useful for what purpose?

Let's say that, for example, in UK, Spain or Germany (just to name a few) it would be better to learn the national languages.....of course in France, yes, French does come really handy and useful!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.