Author: constance6891

I am angry when this happens!!! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-8-15 12:28:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cbcronin at 2009-8-15 11:53

Children can surprise you, they are often better at handling the issue of their own mortality than adults.

They have no children to support, bills to pay, spouses to worry over, etc.; so they ...

yes, that  also sounds reasonable. Adults concern more. The more adults concern, the more they are afraid of leaving the world
forever--- death.  Children are simple and they can handle it better.
But many say people will die sooner after knowing the truth because they  don't have hope and eventually scare themselves into
death. Actually miracles might happen if they don't know it and strongly believe they can be well soon.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-15 12:47:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by amylhz at 2009-8-14 23:28
But many say people will die sooner after knowing the truth because they  don't have hope and eventually scare themselves into
death. Actually miracles might happen if they don't know it and strongly believe they can be well soon.  

I have seen old people will themselves to death, but I feel it would be very rare to see a young child who would do the same (other than a baby maybe). Often times, especially in natural disasters, it is the young children who survive for many days..... because they don't give up.
-------
I have seen stories of people who were told they would die who later recovered..... but if they had not been told, would they have fought so hard to stay alive?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-15 14:27:48 |Display all floors
i don't think tell the truth.
she must be upset and mad.
just let her have a happy  life anyway its short.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-15 18:28:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cbcronin at 2009-8-15 12:47

I have seen old people will themselves to death, but I feel it would be very rare to see a young child who would do the same (other than a baby maybe). Often times, especially in natural disaster ...

Yes, it's her right to know the truth.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2009-12-21 16:01:47 |Display all floors

Originally posted by constance6891 at 2009-8-14 23:19
There is a girl about to die of cancer.

She has two months left.

I'm so mad that her family and friends want to keep it a secret from her.

What right do they have to keep it a  ...

Did I miss how old the girl was?

My Mother died like this,(55) we didnt tell her. She was the type of women that would cry for anything. so soft and gentle. If we told her, she would have cried 24/7..... she cried so much anyway.
Her stone now reads " Cry no more my lady" My Father had this put on the cemetry stone.

So GLAD we didnt tell her, WHAT COULD SHE HAVE DONE BUT DWELL ON IT? ( & ku ku ku )

Zai jian

Chao ren

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-21 19:38:36 |Display all floors
I for one was always brought up thinking that life was all about quality rather than quantity , to tell this girl would of reduced her quality of life , the family has the next few months making them the best in her short life .
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-29 17:33:19 |Display all floors

this story reminds me of another story about cancer

A Greek lady in her 60's had advanced ovarian cancer. She had little education. She did not know she had cancer. The professor kept it a secret.

The reason was because if she knew, for the rest of her life (not very much), she would be terribly upset and worrying about it (as older Greeks do, at least, in Australia)

So, the professor never told her.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.