Author: constance6891

I am angry when this happens!!! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-8-14 23:51:40 |Display all floors

hold all your thought 4 now...

Originally posted by constance6891 at 2009-8-14 10:48

Yes that's true

In the case of life and death such as this, if my family don't tell me and I found out I'll punish them and myself.

I will lock myself  ...

time for my lunch break...have a lunch date with my exwife today (hopefully she doesnt ask 2 many irrelevant questions...kno what i'm sayin)  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-14 23:55:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by NYChinatown at 2009-8-14 23:51

time for my lunch break...have a lunch date with my exwife today (hopefully she doesnt ask 2 many irrelevant questions...kno what i'm sayin)  

Have a great lunch

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-14 23:58:37 |Display all floors
Eh.. hard subject to discuss... so many ways it could be said and described. We need to know more on the situation to comment

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-15 00:06:26 |Display all floors
Constance:

after living in china for a years, I asked myslef about this question too: I thought the truth is more important

I was wrong: I had a talk with a friend who worked in an hospital, he made sociology study about the relation between ill doctor and patient:

He told me that when the illness is serious: most of doctor, including in europe, us, will not tell the truth to the patient, and furtehrmore: tell the truth to the patient is not the good solution, because most people will have a negative reaction toward something that most of peoples cannot understand (yes, most of peoples have not good knowledge about illness), so the patient will desperate (imagine, phantasming about his own illness..etcà , and that  must be prevented at all price as psychism is a key for fight.ing the ill  and recovering.

I learn that we should not be angry with sich thing, as, in fact, it is really dificult for both family and doctors, and they just do what they believe is the best solution.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-15 00:09:48 |Display all floors
One thing is for sure, she is dying. I'm so sorry

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-15 10:48:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by constance6891 at 2009-8-14 23:19
There is a girl about to die of cancer.

She has two months left.

I'm so mad that her family and friends want to keep it a secret from her.

What right do they have to keep it a  ...

I agree with manoj10 and it depends on her ability to accept the truth. But I think very few people can accept that and sometimes it's best to let things
unspoken especially the traumatic events. I feel sad for the girl.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-15 11:53:49 |Display all floors
Originally posted by amylhz at 2009-8-14 21:48

I agree with manoj10 and it depends on her ability to accept the truth. But I think very few people can accept that and sometimes it's best to let things
unspoken especially the traumatic event ...

Children can surprise you, they are often better at handling the issue of their own mortality than adults.

They have no children to support, bills to pay, spouses to worry over, etc.; so they do not have the same kinds of stress that can make the last days of an adult very crushing.
---------------
My ex-fiance had a little brother who was born with a gamma immune deficiency. He knew he would not live past his his teenage years, yet spending time with him a person would never even have known it was a concern of his. He lived every day of his life to the fullest.

People who know they have a shorter time on this world, have an opportunity to see the world in a different light than those of us who must remain. The things that are really important can be appreciated, without the petty concerns most of us focus on.

I think she should know.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.