Author: augusten

Did MI5 kill Dr David Kelly? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-8-9 17:32:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by soapdodger at 2009-8-9 13:07
Augusten, then I repeat, WHY did you post it?  You  say a 'reminder to clean their own house' while western comments towards China are 'criticism' and 'insults'.  ...

That's right.

You already posted the answer.

Now if that isn't a superior attitude, I don't know what is!

That's not.

It's all written in the bible: "an eye for an eye".

The westerners do what I don't like, I do what they don't like. They stop, I stop.

But as we know, they won't stop.

The simple fact is that no one is in the moral position to preach to others on this situation with security forces- yet you do your best to report on these kind of stories in the west. My post would be to remind YOU that you could easily report on similar stories in China, yet you refuse to report on these stories in China, why is that? (hence my earlier question of your motivation for the post).

You wrote "The simple fact is that no one is in the moral position to preach to others on this situation with security forces", yet you also know what's western media wrote about China almost everyday. Not to mention emucc's old-tape's repeat, that China should be like this or to be like that etc etc. I just remind them, stop preaching before they are holy enough.

This post is a remind, that they are not holier than Chinese.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-9 17:37:32 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-9 17:37:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by soapdodger at 2009-8-9 13:12
Augusten, you might find this article interesting. While it doesn't deal directly with the Kelly incident it does touch on one or two relevant areas.

Now you might say (above) that the western culture tends to criticize others first but at the very least we do have some transparency in government & media, if not immediately we know the truth (largely) will come out.  ...

Maybe, they are "investigating" small, tiny matters that won't affect the establishment.

The western media know well their taboo, things that shouldn't be touched or even mentioned.

So they just focus on tiny matters and leave the taboo untouched.

Do you see China evolving in such a way that the government here will allow this independence of media & kind of transparency in government decision-making?

Maybe, I suggest you to start reading Chinese BBS and see their criticism toward the government.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-9 17:41:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by soapdodger at 2009-8-9 17:37
And to Augusten, I don't mention this to criticize China but because it is the country in which I live and will live for the rest of my days - I have as vested an interest as any Chinese national in seeing transparency in government. ...

I'm aware that you're different from other China bashers, you commit your life to live here.

I don't post the article for something personal feud.

As I say, it's just to remind them, they are not holy enough and since they attack China's, I attack theirs. If it happens to touch your nerve... it's regrettable.

"Ordinary" westerners don't know much about how their government's covert actions do harm to the rest of the world. Fools like emucc still thinks he live in a civilised, benevolent society in which every bombs they throw toward others are justified. I just remind him, he's wrong and I do it good.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-9 17:43:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by augusten at 2009-8-8 11:12
Amazingly, 12 other well-known micro-biologists linked with germ warfare research have died in the past decade, five of them Russians investigating claims that the Israelis were working on viruses to target Arabs.  ...

In Chinese we call this "mie kou".

"destroying the mouth".

Death people won't speak.

[ Last edited by augusten at 2009-8-9 05:46 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-9 17:51:10 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-9 17:53:41 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.