Author: satsu_jin

China's amazing new bullet train system   [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-8-7 15:02:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Exergy at 2009-8-7 15:33

I am not saying they are much older, but the Chinese train, is still being built!  It is the newest of the new.  The only operational fast train that I know of is Tianjin Beijing although I hea ...

Does the new bullet train connect Guangzhou with Hongkong station or only with Shenzhen?

As for the completion of Japan's bullet train network. Attached please find a map. Dotted lines are still under construction and new lines (Aomori-Akita) and Nagoya-Matsumoto-Nagano (originally planned as Maglev - but too expensive) will be added within the next years.
shinkansen_map.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-8-10 12:58:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2009-8-10 04:45
fwhat fool compares China's rail infrastructure investment programme zith that of the backward (in terms of rail development and usage) U.S. of A.?

Usanians travel ,ainly by oldfashioned combus ...

What fool doesn't understand the reason for this comparison?

It is as simple as that, both China and the U.S. are implementing new bullet train lines whereas Japan and France have already wide networks. In conclusion: don't compare apples with oranges. As for Germany, do they have bullet train services? Not really, I believe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-10 13:23:40 |Display all floors

Totally cool!

Would love to see GZ to Hong Hom/HK bullet style
Good Gweilo: My job is the ideological quality control

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-10 13:41:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2009-8-10 06:58
As for Germany, do they have bullet train services? Not really, I believe.

Well, the Velaro and Maglev (Shanghai) train technology comes from Germany. The Velaro is a progression of Germanys ICE high-speed trains. The Maglev technology was never really used in Germany though. It was basically produced for other countrys to buy the technology.

In November 2005, China ordered 60 Velaro trains[3] for the Beijing-Tianjin high-speed rail line. The 8-car trains will be very similar to the Velaro E, but 300 mm wider to fit in almost 50% more seats in a 2+3 layout. In the CRH3 version, a 200 m Velaro train will seat 600 passengers.[7] These trains are being manufactured jointly by Siemens in Germany and CNR Tangshan in China. The first Chinese-built CRH3 was unveiled on 11 April 2008.[8] CRH3 reached a top speed of 394.3 km/h during a test on Beijing to Tianjin High speed railway on 24 June 2008.[9]

Transrapid, in Germany, constructed the first operational high-speed conventional maglev railway in the world, the Shanghai Maglev Train from downtown Shanghai (Shanghai Metro) to the Pudong International Airport. It was inaugurated in 2002. The highest speed achieved on the Shanghai track has been 501 km/h (311 mph), over a track length of 30 km.
Minds are like parachutes: they only function when they're open.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-10 14:05:27 |Display all floors

Reply #20 wowzers's post

yeah.....the excitement of a holiday trip to China is incomplete without a ride on China's trains!!!!

FAST RAIL, nice sleeping coach rail, and the slow 50 year old trains connecting between small towns....
are all a TREAT for those of us who don't have such facilities in our home cuntries!!!!

YEEEEE HAHHHHHHH

hoooo wAHHHH

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-8-10 14:35:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sisko77 at 2009-8-10 14:41

Well, the Velaro and Maglev (Shanghai) train technology comes from Germany. The Velaro is a progression of Germanys ICE high-speed trains. The Maglev technology was never really used in Germany ...

Thanks for this information. I know that Germany has top of the art technology but I don't know whether the ICE or the successor can really be considered to be a bullet train. Where do these bullet trains operate and most important at which max. speed do they travel within Germany?

Maglev is a different subject. Here we are only talking about 'bullet trains'.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-10 14:48:32 |Display all floors

Reply #23 satsu_jin's post

Germany is like Taiwan or Japan.......it's like a quiet large urban village!!!!

The mentality is quite different, from the rowdy LONDON night scene!
The Germans are more like work, go to church, sometime visit the whore house of Eastern Europeans.
and distances are smaller in Germany,
speeds of 160km/hr is quite sufficient to make a trip enjoyable!!!!

CHINA needs faster rail, imagine a trip from Beijing to Guangzhou!!!

ha ha ha

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.