Author: polaris1120

Most beautiful notes in the world! [Copy link] 中文

Rank: 6Rank: 6

Post time 2009-7-31 15:12:17 |Display all floors
Maybe NBC doesn't like Mao's figure on RMB 100 note.
I am a Beijing girl.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-7-31 15:14:51 |Display all floors
How about this bank note from Zimbabwe?  If that only was in U.S. $ all problems would be solved.
ZIM100TX.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 6Rank: 6

Post time 2009-7-31 15:54:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by polaris1120 at 2009-7-31 15:12
Maybe NBC doesn't like Mao's figure on RMB 100 note.


I have no problem with him being on the 100, but notes 1-50 should have someone else.  It took more than 1 man to build this country.  

Or if they all have to be mao, perhaps they could use different portraits of Mao.  Young Mao, Old Mao, Bald Mao, Hatwearing Mao, and so on.

Variety


I am really more of a fan of the older money from before 1999  of which mao was still on the 100

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 6Rank: 6

Post time 2009-7-31 15:54:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2009-7-31 15:14
How about this bank note from Zimbabwe?  If that only was in U.S. $ all problems would be solved.


how much is that worth, anything more than toilet paper?

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-7-31 15:58:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Exergy at 2009-7-31 16:54


how much is that worth, anything more than toilet paper?



It's probably worth the paper it's printed on.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 6Rank: 6

Post time 2009-7-31 16:09:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Exergy at 2009-7-31 15:54


I have no problem with him being on the 100, but notes 1-50 should have someone else.  It took more than 1 man to build this country.  

Or if they all have to be mao, perhaps they could use  ...



Only notes 1-5 "mao" have minority people's figures rathern than Mao's. Haha, two "maos".
I am a Beijing girl.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 6Rank: 6

Post time 2009-7-31 16:11:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2009-7-31 15:14
How about this bank note from Zimbabwe?  If that only was in U.S. $ all problems would be solved.



It's worthless. But the stone on the note is very famous in Zimbabwe. You can visit it when you're there if possible...
I am a Beijing girl.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.