Author: tamson

China's first ever men's gold at swimming worlds [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-7-30 16:44:44 |Display all floors
I am waiting for Tongluren to now come back and post suggesting that Zhang Lin should be disqualified for wearing the new swimsuits (the ones that the Americans don't use) as he should not be swimming in the world championships if he is not a man of honor...

And and the same goes for Totothedog, who insists that the US were cheating in the Olympics for wearing these suits too...

Originally posted by tongluren at 2008-8-22 15:05

Phelps won and broke all those records only because he was wearing the slippery suits - suits that provide buoyancy, and reduce friction, and guaranteed to increase the speed of the swimmer if fitted correctly.  Only the few Americans were fitted correctly.  

The technology keeps improving, so the records keep falling.  But is that a measure of the man, or just a competition of the science labs??  There may indeed be a place for a competition of the science labs, but it is not and should not be the Olympics.

Why are the swimmers not protesting to get Phelps disqualified?  What was the IOC thinking??..

Congrats to Zhang Lin (and the lady divers) a good job well done!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-30 18:14:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2009-7-30 18:42
Did you check the blood samples or is it only an assumption?

I was there Satsu, they were as butch as they come, like the East Germans of old.

Yep they had two X chromosomes, but they were loaded with steroids.
A simple google search will confirm the rampant steroid abuse by Chinese swimmers in the 1990's.

With the steroids and HGH usage and the masculine bodies of the female swimmers, I was having what's known as a little joke here, Satsu !!
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-30 18:54:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Kbay at 2009-7-30 20:37
Typical shyte from the ignorant insolent birdbrain!

Are you saying that there was no steroid use by Chinese swimmers in the 1990's ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-30 19:15:20 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Kbay at 2009-7-30 20:59
China was top of the podium in Gold medal winners in the Beijing Olympics!
Why have you go off topic and bring back th 20-year old sh!t stories?
Has it any relevents to our boy's 800m WR achievem ...

OK, well if you look back you'll see it was a joke about the first Chinese male swimming gold at the world Championships being in the womens events in 1994.

Since you've decided to escalate from my cheap shot joke about the women in 1994, I would have to suspect that all the cheating over the last 20 years might make you feel very ashamed, and rightfully so.

From a story on CBC Canada's website from three years ago.

w ww. c b c .  c a / s ports/photoessay/top10-dopin g / i ndex7 . h t  m l
Over 40 Chinese swimmers since 1990 have failed drug tests. That's triple the amount of any other swimming country during the same period of time.

Now I am not suggesting that the 800 m record holder was using drugs, far from it.
He was, however, wearing the controversial (buoyancy ?) suits which are going to be banned by FINA as they give an unnatural advantage.

Anyway, I did make a silly joke, but if you want to continue to discuss the endemic steroid abuse by the Chinese swim squad, then please go ahead.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-30 21:10:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2009-7-30 19:15

OK, well if you look back you'll see it was a joke about the first Chinese male swimming gold at the world Championships being in the womens events in 1994.

Since you've decided to escalate  ...

I heard they were taking so many steroids there kids were born with fins and gills....

...was that also true, Kbay, or is that just Anglo prop ag anda?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-30 21:25:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by changamullah at 2009-7-30 21:10
I heard they were taking so many steroids there kids were born with fins and gills....

...was that also true, Kbay, or is that just Anglo prop ag anda?

You get so excited when typing negative things about China.

I don't see any constructive criticism in your words.

You are sure you want to position yourself as non China basher?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-30 21:33:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by augusten at 2009-7-30 21:25

You get so excited when typing negative things about China.

I don't see any constructive criticism in your words.

You are sure you want to position yourself as non China basher?

Oh Auggie, where is your sense of humor?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.