Views: 12021|Replies: 26

poorly made in china? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-7-30 02:26:26 |Display all floors
According to a new book, Poorly Made In China (published by Wiley & Sons), manufacturers in southern China cannot be trusted not to mess with product ingredients and quality. Nor can the Chinese be counted on to abide by their contractual terms. Is this really true? Can one not trust a Chinese in business (the author of the book appears to think that is the case)? Thanks.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-30 04:08:05 |Display all floors
No its not true. Chinese business is just as trustworthy. Its lies made by India/USA to divert trade to them instead.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-30 04:52:25 |Display all floors

You get what you pay for

I haven’t read this book – but with the experience of a UK retailer (I had my own business and ran a retail outlet.  I am now retired).  I can claim to have come across both sides of the coin.

There are good quality products, and cheap quality products that come out of China.  I am not deriding China – it is the same in any manufacturing country.  The good quality products cost more – they are more robust, made with better materials – and ultimately cost more.  Companies outside China who import goods on a regular basis are forever looking for the cheapest price – and they will buy the cheapest quality goods for their low price.  I rather suspect that China in this particular instance is being judged on the cheaper quality goods rather than the better quality goods, or even a consensus on both.
We have a saying in the UK – ‘You get what you pay for’.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-30 06:48:59 |Display all floors

Absolutely right!

Originally posted by terryfoy at 2009-7-30 04:52
I haven’t read this book – but with the experience of a UK retailer (I had my own business and ran a retail outlet.  I am now retired).  I can claim to have come across both sides of the coin.

I've been in China for over 10 years now. I can assure as the refeed poster that what you pay for is what you get. I am in a type of business where we rate our potential suppliers from 1 (very poor) to 6 (excellent). In each case we not only value the factory but also parameters like how many r&d staff work there, how many of the technical staff have foreign language knowledge, etc... At the end of the day, it turns that the more you pay (generally) the better quality you obtain.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-30 09:36:50 |Display all floors
"You get what you pay for."
I agree with this opinion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-30 10:25:21 |Display all floors
Only in Southern China? Why not in Northern China? Or all over China?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-30 10:36:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by terryfoy at 2009-7-30 04:52

what you said is rightful~~

could someone expect to pay the lowest price for the highest quality? in theory,it is ok---so such a biased book came out~~

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.