Author: caringhk

How MANY KNIVES Have U GOT in yr Pockets...... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-1-18 08:30:41 |Display all floors
I love traditionnal knives

In france countryside, every place has its own knive: your pocket knife is like your ID card.

These are beautiful handmade work.

Swiss knife is bull---- with is ugly plastic...maybe good for boyscout....with ton of useless gadgets that only Mac Gyver of Rambo need really....

Have a look on a original traditionnal Laguiole , a Chatellerault knife or a Roquefort knife...nothing to see ith swiss gadget.... Swiss copied the french knife called "Tonneau" wich was more beautiful. Some of them like the Charlois were real masterpiece, handmade and fantastic design, simple and elegant, superb quality. (that's why we can still use most of them after 100 years...)

Pocket knife is a tool for share with  friends, cutting bread, sausage or ham, cheese and fruits. It's a symbol. In my country, grandfather used to offer one to their grandsons.

I also use to take it to restaurant, where I eat with my personnal knife, that's a strong symbol of identity, elegance and conviviality.(exactyly like some people use to put their mobile phone on the table when they are in restaurant).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-29 16:17:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by yasawakic at 2010-1-18 08:30
I love traditionnal knives

In france countryside, every place has its own knive: your pocket knife is like your ID card.

These are beautiful handmade work.

Swiss knife is bull---- with is  ...

Thxs.......... but i am giving many Swiss knives to my chinese friends la:)
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-18 14:43:22 |Display all floors
Pocket Knife - Victorinox Swiss Army Soldier

Leatherman is a good alternative - I like Leatherman Charge or Wave

If you want to gut a koala - KBAR or F1
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.