Author: souvenir

Why don't Chinese mainstream media criticize West? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-7-27 15:13:18 |Display all floors
i don't see souveinir critise them for  a start  
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-27 15:29:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by interesting at 2009-7-27 15:12
Dude. Even when the Soviet Union used to print articles like "America due to collapse by noon next Tuesday", ordinary people knew better and wanted to come here. Just because no one belie ...

I believe that decades ago China printed many things to curse Western countries but now... I really don't see any newly printed things. Maybe I read too little, shrug, maybe Chinese leadership doesn't ordinary people to read those critical stuff.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-27 16:15:46 |Display all floors
i have to agree with Exergy,  its not that they are being critical about China, They are critical about everything, even themselfs!
Dont take it in a bad way its just the way the media highlights stuff, so people can see all the bad in the world and make it right.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-28 09:48:50 |Display all floors
seneca thank you for your reply. Can you read Chinese? or your wife read Chinese news for you? I just wonder how you know Chinese media use extemely derogatory language to describe foreign leaders. You think I'm misinformed then it's fine, you have your own ideas. But I personally don't hate Western countries and their leaders even though I'm living in China for decades, with Chinese media.

Maybe I'm a peaceful person who don't want to curse anybody so that I don't join in some extreme discussions about foreign policies or leaders. Some Chinese netizens like to use such languages to express themselves but believe me, when there is a chance for them to go to western countries, like USA, they will soon depart.

If Chinese media say sth. bad about certain politicians, they surely are responsing to some bad comments made by those politicians. Chinese media don't attack foreigners firstly without any reasons.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-28 10:57:31 |Display all floors
what do u mean you are a peaceful  person

when your country HAD BEEN OVER RAN

by CULPRITS/Robbers from the WEST?????
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-28 11:05:22 |Display all floors

The answer to your question is no.......

Originally posted by souvenir at 2009-7-28 09:48
seneca thank you for your reply. Can you read Chinese? or your wife read Chinese news for you? I just wonder how you know Chinese media use extemely derogatory language to describe foreign leaders. ...

Seneca can't read Chinese at all and will never read nor speak chinese. He is one of those type of foreigners who are in China to work, earn money and enjoy the ride.  He will never know anything about China or Chinese people.

His knowledge is limited to his estate residence near Guangzhou, where he lives, and all he can "google". Not even "baidu" sinc
e he can't read chinese.

I disagree completely with his opinions but he is certainly a well read (English, French and German) person.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-28 15:30:54 |Display all floors
Huh?

There wasn't much in the way of anti-Soviet propaganda in the mainstream media. If you believe that, then you clearly don't know much about media coverage during to Cold War, which tended to lean towards the Soviet Union much of the time because a lot of media had leftist sympathies.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.