Author: expatter

The West and the Right to Independence. [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2009-7-9 12:35:35 |Display all floors

doberman (Andy Dob)

Please accept my profuse apologies.

I have no idea why I mixed this up.

Maybe I am going Sea-Lion.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2009-7-9 12:38:15 |Display all floors

renegadedog9

Certainly each case is different.

It is my belief that the media are part of the problem in that they have a cause celebre from their handlers.

They are independently owned and all part of a rotten structure based on money.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-9 12:39:46 |Display all floors

safaribehn

What's going on in Basque, is more transparent then what's going on in Tbt. That is why the media don't worry. When a bomb go off, people worry. Not so hard to understand now is it?!?

In what way please?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-9 12:40:59 |Display all floors

Augusten and Satsu_Jin

Where did nemnaniat go?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-9 12:43:56 |Display all floors

nemnaniat

How would this apply then in the t.bet situation?   :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-9 12:44:29 |Display all floors

interesting

Sod off   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-9 13:08:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2009-7-8 10:52
About the basques:

How would this apply then in the t.bet situation?

The differences are important:

The Basques are C atholics (mostly). They are not cut-off by the "motherland" from their spiritual leader.
Their spiritual leader is free to visit the Basque region and he can appoint basque bishops and cardinals.
Compare this with the DL or the   p ope.

The Basques enjoy a "meaningful a utonomy" (read all about it in wiki).
If you only start talking about a "meaningful autonomy" for tbet here in this forum, certain members are getting panic attacks.
They equal it with i ndependence, but I have the feeling that it is the usual and intentional stereotype to break off the debate premature.

The Basques have their minority rights granted by the European Union, which is designed to protect their heritage, culture and language.

The Basques have their own parliament and jurisdiction over many powers, like the police for example.

The Basques can voice their opinions within Spain - they do not need to go into exile !
They can even protest on the streets or call for a general strike - has been done already - without fearing of being crushed like in Iran or ...

:)

[ Last edited by nemnaniat at 2009-7-9 01:57 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.